Monday, December 12, 2011

Prayer Answered!

Christopher's Letter
I want you all to know that I love you a lot.

This has been a really hard week. We've had lots of succes this week. We had 8 investigadores in
the Sacrament Meeting, 3 families. But for me, it's been really hard. My companion and I have lots
of problems. I couldn't even begin to describe them. It's like living with someone that hates you,
which is tough. The good part is that God is rewarding us for our efforts. Tender mercies of the Lord.

I had a really special experience that I'd like to share with you. When I had just gotten to Country,
we had 0 investigators. Haha. Zero. When we had our first planning, we knelt down and I prayed
and I prayed for the Dominguez family. I didn't even know who they were, but we prayed for them
on a daily basis and asked everyone,"do you know where the Dominguez family lives?"

In that first week we received 3 to 5 references of families that we didn't know. One was called the Sambrano family.  We tried to visit them a few times, but we became busy with other families that were going to get baptized and so they were forgotten. In the last two weeks, we have been visiting with the Sambrano family finally. And here all families have two last names. This family is Sambrano Dominguez. I didn't know until now that I truly had received an answer to my prayers until this week. The wife of this family said, after having gone to church, "I will be honest with you... I have never liked any church before, but this one pleased me. I promise that you will have me in church again the next week."

I still don't know anything about the calls on Christmas. I would rather talk with you on the phone so
that we could talk with Isabel as well, but we'll see. I also haven't gotten my package, but that is okay.

Also, we are going to have another baptism to complete a family this week and we are going to a pueblo called Ojajona to marry them! Yay! So, if you want you can search for Ojajona, Honduras on Google and look at where we're going. It would be really excellent if you doposited money so that I could buy some things there for everyone. Sorry. I don't like asking for moeny. The money that you gave me went to paying bills.

I'm glad that Grandpa is better. Tell them I love them.
I love you all.
Chris

 

I so love and miss this boy!!!  No word from Isabel today.  I did hear that her family heard from her...so maybe next week!  Please pray for my kids!  That is what I want most for Christmas is for them to be Safe, Happy, Successful, and to Know that they are LOVED!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment