Saturday, October 30, 2010

Isabella's Visa Arrives, Leaving San Jose, and a Journey to Bolivia

Last Sunday night we received a phone call from Isabel.  She had received her visa.  She was excited, but also had a lot of mixed emotions.  She has loved her companion and they were having great success in San Jose.  Isabel made arrangements to call us the next day on her Pday when she could talk for a while.

On Monday she called us at 5PM.  She said she had gotten very excited, but it was also very difficult to tell the people and her companion good-bye.  I am so excited that her first experience in the mission field was so positive and successful.  She was scheduled to leave San Jose at 8:30 AM on Wednesday and arrive in Bolivia at 8:30 AM on Thursday.

On Wednesday Night she called us from the Miami airport.  She said it was strange to be alone and without a companion.  She again said how much she was missing Sister Crossley.  She did pray for help in Dallas and was blessed with a couple of Elders and another sister exiting a plane and seeing he they stopped and talked with her.  She tells us over and over how very blessed she has been.  She also told me how apparent it has become to her that we are all brothers and sisters.  We were hoping she would call once she arrived in Bolivia, but she wasn't able too.  Then today we received this email.  It kind of details her Journey to Bolivia.


hi janice hi david hi sweetie (as always i asked permision from my pres to wirte you and chris, my pres in sanjose said it was fine my pres in bolivia said i can only write by letters :( but we should be obedient so please forward this to chris) well i miss my companion from san jose and sanjose the trip was crazy it took a day and a half i was on 5 airplanes was in the middle seat everytme but the last, i threw up, am tired and know God is blessing me because even when i got here and i didnt want to do anything but sleep well i didnt want to have my temporary comps cancel their appointments so i showered and went out and God gave me strength. also the elders were amazed that i carried my back pack and a carry on with all my books that weighed like 30 pounds and a back pack of 16 pounds again God gave me strength. yesterday night we extended the baptismal date to a new investigator it was great nov 13 she will be baptized. well i got to go and email my parents love all

Don't send mail to the San Jose address anymore.  Her email is the same.  I am looking for her Bolivia address and will post it as soon as I find her mission book in her paper stuff.  You can send a letter via Dear Elder.com for free.  Just choose to send a letter by the pouch system to the Bolivia, Cochabamba Mission.

Holidays are not quite the same with out the kids here....but Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment