Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Long and Winding Road

We received an email from Christopher today!  Please everyone pray for his safety and to know of our love for him.....maybe even more so you should pray for this crazy mother's mind and heart to be calm!!!  I keep telling myself that worry is like a rocking chair...it gets you no where!!!  Enjoy the letter.

Christopher's Letter

Dear Mom, Dad and Isabel;

This has been the longest three months of my life... that went by so fast in la flor del campo. I can't really tell you, because I feel impressed by the spirit to not say everything in detail that's happened. I will say that I lived in one of the most dangerous areas of the mission. Something happened this week that made it so I had to leave the area suddenly. My zone leaders called me on Sunday while we were eating lunch and said,"Elder Hill, you have changes of emergency. You need to pack everything and be in the office tomorrow (monday)at 11:00."

They didn't say where I was going, nor did I find out where my destination was exactly until the next day. I am now in a very small city called Siguatepeque (maybe you can look it up on a map). My new companion has two months in the mission, and I am now senor companion. Which reminds me that tomorrow I will complete 9 months in the mission. I hope to complete my first year in Siguatepeque.

From Tegucigalpa, it takes approximately 3-4 hours to arrive in Siguatepeque. The trip to arrive was absolutely beautiful and refreshing like spring water after being in the burning hot desert sun. Of all the varieties of resilliant green trees that attract the attention of your eyes, of the small houses with hollowed-out trees cut into shingles for roofs, of the sounds of small rivers and singing tropical parrots. Of everything that is cut, crafted and formed into a masterpiece by unknown artists I have never been in such awe and wonder.

I saw everything that you would imagine of the beautiful indigenous lands of early settlers, of beautiful crafts and simple people. For three hours, I talked with Elder Coreas about his life and conversion and watched in an honest splendor of the natural beauty that passed us. Honduras is rich with life and aspiration, where the tendencies of the mountains and the tropical rain forests breed and make splendor.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to be where I am. It's a small city of very peaceful people. It looks somewhat like the small towns in Idaho or Utah. It's simple. But it feels like home and resonates in my heart with subtle sound waves like the ocean. Know that I'm well and safe and God loves us. And nothing will touch what he holds in his hands. He's The Protector.

I think that I'm ready to go. I think I'm going to achieve much here. I hope that I can carry the same time here that I carried in the city. May God bless you all and may you love your God keeping the eye of your heart fixed on him.

A few things: I would like some organic deodurant that comes in a tube and is made of water and aloe vera. If you could send that when you can. Also, I really, really, really need money. I'm sorry to ask. I just... don't have any. So, if someone could help, please, I really need your help.

Sincerely, Chris
....
Isabel, I miss you so much, love. I was really happy to hear that you have your three sisters with you. My new companion is named Elder Coreas from El Salvador. He might be the most humble person in the entire world. I really love how calm he always is. We might be really happy to see each other just that we can cry
on each others' shoulders. Haha. Stress, right? We're here to suffer, I say all of the time. I was never ever stressed in La Flor, but I was so incredibly stressed physically and spiritually. I hope that we can go for the same ride that I saw today. I love you so much. You're my only love in this life. I couldn't listen to any talk
in conference without thinking of you. Also, please put much attention on the talk about the doctrine of the family in the Liahona of March. Something I learned is that if we don't teach about the exhaltation (familias eternas) we're not teaching about salvation, and if we're not teaching the true salvation, we're omittingly denying the love of Christ.

Te amo, buttface. :) !Te amo te amo te amo un dia voy a besarte!
Oh! I lost weight! Te amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment