Monday, June 13, 2011

I Love My Kids & A Double Letter Monday!!!

Isabel's Letter


this week i have been reading our legacy its wonderful in the beginning it talks about this camp that had as an objective to rule out the whiners and grumblers and to make the men more ready and strong for the stewardship's they would have as leaders of the restored church of Christ they didnt know it then but the odyssey that awaited them would be cruel as satan would use every mean to attempt destroy them from off the face of the earth. this of course had been prophesied impossible and satan knew it but the our early saints were still tender in their testimony and im sure the minions of hell knew that the key was destroying the saints morale so that it would be easier to give up from building zion and gathering isreal. this camp was tough to say the least it was called Zions camp and it was lead but joseph smith and they marched 1000 miles up to a canyon and had no more than a little rotten ham, maggot infested bacon, soured butter and moldy bread to eat. many murmured and many quietly followed their leader. the point of this was to strengthen the future leaders and rule out the weak in spirit. many of our early apostles and prophets were in the camp and made it back home. the lord said to joseph my people need to learn to be more humble and more obedient before me. i thought wow how much more and the thought came to me even as a little child yea even as the dust. this was so special and dear to me. i wanted to share it with all of you. my mission has been tough, but its a privilege to go through if at the end i am counted as one of the saints, i am happy to be taught to be more obedient and more humble before the Lord. and i might not know it now but i feel im being prepared for the future. this week God showed mercy to us we only had 16 lessons in the week thats really low no one was home not even the members! but Maite was baptized the she was so greatful and her testimony was so beautifully simple i was filled with joy. and i have learned so many hymns this week that brought confort to me. i am greatful.

ps: they stole my camera with all my pictures of my mission for this i am sad but I am sure God will be kind to me and ill gather photos from other missionaries memory cards i hope. janice thanks so much for the shoes and debit card! i will keep and eye out

les amo, hna florido
 
pss:chris please take care and let us know whats up in the jungle! the mail is still on strike 


Chris' letter


Dear Mom and Dad,
I´m sorry that I didn´t write and sometimes I don´t because I don´t have enough time.
Please forgive me and understand.  Just know that I have to use my time writing to
President Flores.  Last week, I had a special report to do for him.  This week has been
a very good week.  Wednesday we had changes and now I´m training.  : O
Elder Coreas went to the city and in place of him came Elder ArĂ©valo, from El 
Salvador, who I´m training.  Honestly, the experience of training is very interesting.
It makes one feel good that the Lord has trust in them to guide another, but it´s
like having a child.  Every experience that I have in the mission makes me think
about being a father, a husband and a leader.  It´s really beautiful and wonderful.

Elder ArĂ©valo is from the field, as they say.  He worked cutting coffee, seeding
beans and corn and sundries.  He´s very, very quiet and has never used a computer
before.  I love him a lot.  He´s very shy and my goal is that he´s the best missionary
ever.  :) 

I am glad that you are gardening.  The photo was really beautiful.  I would like it that 
you might grow pumpkins.  I really love and long to eat pumpkins.  I think today I 
might buy the mashed pumpkin that they sell.  Mmm.  (I think when we have a garden,
amor, that we´ll need to grow lots and lots of pumpkins.  Here, I eat mostly seeds of
ayote.  I think that you probably know Ayote, right?)
I have fallen in love with the families here. They´re the best.  Someone received a testimony
about Joseph Smith, which to me is beautiful.  There are lots of doubts about the church here,
that we worship Joseph Smith, that the Book of Mormon is the diary of Joseph Smith or something
similar.  Sometimes we hear that people think that there are statues of him in our churches with
secret rooms to do weird ordances.  Haha.  It makes me laugh, even though it effects us a lot.
We´re strangely persecuted here.  It´s one of the true signs of the true church of Christ that we
will be persecuted.  With the thousands of churches here, they say,"Hey!  Go to ANY church but
THAT one."  Really.  People think we´re zombies with tattoos of Joseph Smith.  Haha.  Or something.

I have a goal that only beautiful, uplifting words will leave my mouth.  I really like the book of James.
It inspires me a lot.  If you could it would make me happy, if you all read it think week.  It contains
five chapters.  It can be read really fast.

Um.... One more thing.  I don´t have money.  I really need money.  If you could even, desposit 25 or
30 dollars that would help me a lot right now.  If you can´t, that´s okay.  I completely understand.

Thank you so much for all of your sacrifice. 
You´re such a blessing to me and I´m so,
so very sorry for the years of being a teenager.
I hope that you can forgive me for that time
of my life.

With all of my love,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment