Monday, June 20, 2011

Light & Roots

Lead Kindly Light:  Isabella's Letter
There were transfers yesterday and in my heart i prayed really fervently please send me to another ward a loving ward a young ward and i plead and i felt that my payer was heard so i got all happy and then i thought but that doesnt mean you´ll send me there? oh please oh please send me to another place please oh please i felt like a 10 year old asking for roller blades. then finally i matured again and said but whatever the president decides i will do so let your will be done. then the temptation again crept in oh please oh please send me to a zone with 4 sisters and a nice zone leader and.... suddenly i felt ´´or would you want me to send you to potosi´´ (potosi is frozen during the winter) i humbled right back okay let your will be done. and guess where i am now yup still in the same ward ha ha ha its so funny chris is right everything about the gospel and missionary work is linked to families to be better in our own families to be eternal families some day. it seems we´ve been going through some of the same things training is like having a baby they are so needy and mine for some reason are so obedient to me and humble and loving really sweet but super needy and i am so independent its been a challenge but one that i am grateful to go through i can see myself bettering my character because of it. my compi are going to have 2 transfers together and well she is also a country girl. and i so understand what chris says people here all hear other denominations with respect but laugh in our face and they all say go to all the churches but not that ¨joseph smith or mormon one¨ this week i have sung this hymn over and over frankly i like it more in spanish and it just lightens my soul maite got baptised and here is a picture we could find she is so great and i am so greatful for her and the progress she makes each week. this week has been a good week. i sent letters but it was cheaper to send in one package so my mom will send it from there to janice and dave and crystal. and i tried to send a package to chris but it would have cost me 134 bolivianos and i dont have that kind of money and so sorry chris for that kind of money here i can buy you another nice thing and give it to you when i see you the same for everyone else moms was going to cos 157 and janices 102 just to much. i am still kinda sad for my camera but the Lord helped me my last companion had made a cd of my pictures before she left and i said to her why do you want my photos she said its just easier this way than picking and choosing so she made a cd and she is going to send me the copy!!!! yay. i love the restored gospel please share it with all you can! les amo


hna florido





The roots dry and stretching to the depth for water:  Chris' Letter

I don´t know why I made that the title. It´s just what came to mind. I was thinking about how the trees here don´t have good roots because there is always water. This land is perfect, but perfectly fragile at the same time. I love it here, but my roots as well aren´t very deep. I am learning how to love my investigators even more. My love is becoming a weapon. As much as I fight for my life and the lifes of others, I´m learning how to let the weaker ones die (because of the consequences of their actions) so that our time is not unwisely spent.

All will not be saved.

And that kills me. And I don´t understand it. And I don´t know how to let go. Or let the ocean tide swallow up the grains of sand that have fallen from the high safe ground... The work of the mission is that of a colander, catching the fiber and taking nutrition from the fat. Our time is short here.

This week is to be cut short. I want to be obedient. I want to write more. I´m sorry. I just have to help my companion and I lose time. The next week I´ll be wiser.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment