Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July letters and photos!

Isabella's Letter and Photos

hola familia so many things have happened i hope i can remember them all
liliana is dying to get baptized and i want her to wait just a tad to get
her son on board. this is the 1st time thats happened it feels nice. my
friend raquel from sucre (yes i have made eternal friends in bolivia) is
getting married this Wednesday and has asked me to be there and the pres.
gave me permission i am so excited to see a sealing. chris i will be
thinking of you. pres tenorio is no longer my pres he left on thursday and i
was asked to translate for sister dyer the new pres wife. p. dyer served
here in bolivia when he was a missionary and you can just feel his love for
the people which is wonderful. i also translated all of zone conference for
sister dyer... i still got it! I got my shoes and little toy car and chris´s
pictures thank so much is my card working? i think you said you activated it
right janice. time is flying by and soon it will be jonthan´s birthday where
will my stripling worrier go. love you man. im excited for you. last night i
woke up at like 4 am and thought i need to pray for grandpa finch. i hope
they find the problem and correct it also try speaking with my father he
might be able to help out. today i am writing so late because i had a fight
with my district, zone and assistant leaders we are the only two sisters in
the zone. and the other zone had planed going to the cochabamba christ
statue and our leader had decided to go paintballing and then said that we
werent going so i said to my companion do you want to go see the christ? she
said YES! and i wanted to hang with the sisters so i called my zone leader
to go and he said well you cant go to the internet with them you have to go
with us its a rule. now so many rules are rummors that i was like why? we go
in a district so they count our time and make sure that i will only be there
one hour so another district leader will be able to count my time just as
fine. what upset me is that they couldnt explain where that was a rule who
said it and why it was so important it when they disobey it all the time why
was it important today for me to obey them, purely it was ego they let
things go for other elders all the time and then make a stink when we want
to do something. i said if its in the white handbook then thats fine i will
comply but i just want to go to the christ with the other sisters and i hate
how the leaders will pass the buck they dont want to be responsible so i
called the district leader he said call the zone leader and i was like okay
i call him he says i dont decide your disctric leader decides he says call
the president i said i think its dumb i have to call him its so simple i
call him sister dyer answers she says i will ask the president but i think
thats fine the assistant calls says the zone leader called me they have a
problem with you.... ahhhh makes me mad! i said they are making it a
problem. he said its forbidden for you to go to the internet with another
district. then  president calls and says thats dumb go ahead and go i will
pick you up and take you there so they wont be mean to you the rest of the
transfer. lets just say i love the new president. thanks for letting me
rant. the sisters say what would a zone be like if the sisters where in
charge ha ha ha. so chris dreamt i was a judge how what where?. les amo
mucho. please take care and i hope tomorrow the elders will be nice to me.

hna florido





Christopher's letter

So, this week, has been a fairly fantastic week.  I went to a meeting
of leaders with Elder Hogstrom.  We didn´t get to teach the whole day!
Which was weird.  It was the first Sunday in 6 months that I haven´t
had anyone in the churhc, which was sad.  However, the meeting
was really, really beautiful.  The spirit filled the chapel like never before
in the branch.  We´re working really hard with the members right now
so that they´ll get motivated to share the gospel, by doing practices
of if you saw someone crying or if you were talking to your friend,
how could you invite them to come to church or counsel them in their
hard times.  It´s really.fun.  It´s really, really interesting how you bond with families
here.  I love lots of people here, like my own family.  Another interesting
thing is that I´ve become very trusted here with certain people.  I
was offered a job and a house here in the last week.  Offers, but
I really want to study at BYU and live in Utah.  I want to live a life
of a pioneer in the Church of Jesus Christ.  :)   And nothing else
do I want.  I want to be a missionary forever.  I pray that I might always
have the guts to preach the gospel.  I know that I won´t have the
authority that God has given us forever, but always I want to have the
guts to share the gospel.

I love you all.  Again, I need money to buy news clothes.  I look like
a slob honestly.  My card expired, and so maybe you could send it
through Western Union.  There´s one here.

With love,
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment