Thursday, September 9, 2010

Double Letter Thursday!!!

It was an awesome double letter day.  One from Chris and one from Isabel.  Forgive me if there are spelling errors especially in the Spanish....sometimes Mom's need the gift of tongues to translate quickly written letters.  It is so fun to finally get some details from that son of mine.



Hola Madre y Padre,

Mi espanol es yiendo bueno, pero Como son su espanol yiendo?  Ustedes estan apriendo espanol, si?  Porque si estan van a visitar en Honduras in dos anos.  Necesitaran saber como hubler espanol.  En serio.  Entonses comonze a aprender, por favor.

Ingleses:  I just wrote Isabel & her family.  There are 21 days exactly until I leave.  In fact, this time in 3 weeks I will be in Honduras.  No joke.

Espanol:  Tan excribe Isabel y su familia.  Hoy venti-uno dias exacto hevota yo salya.  En facto, esta tempo en tres semebces estare en Honduras.  No chiste.

I am tired today, P-Day.  Today is the first day that Isabel is not here, and I'm so excited that she's finally in the field.  Also, I'm a little bit jealous that she's in the field, but you have to remember that the MTC is the field.  People here need the Gospel, too.  And I've had so many wonderful experiences here.  Because of my experiences, my companions (District) and other Elders have been able to find comfort or take advice from my life.  And I've been incredibly blesses.  I love God.  And I love this work.

So, I've yet to tell you a lot about my district or my  companero.  My district is comprised of mostly all jocks,  people who loved high school and would've stayed there forever.  Most of us are from Utah.  The rest are from Las Vegas, San Diego, & Reno.  Of all of us, I or our district leader are probably the quietest.

My companion is from Draper.  He's the youngest of 6 brothers, one of which just got off of a mission.  We actually got to hang out with him for an hour one day.  His brother is 21.  And I felt substantially younger than he.  The Lord really will "quicken" you in His work.

My companion likes to sing, has a lot of emotion & love for his family.  He misses them a lot.  We're very interested in all the same things, but we sit at different sides of each perspective.  Western med.  Alternative med.  And then he's loud and has a hard time studying and all I do is stay quiet and study.  It's funny.

I'm senior companion, which doesn't mean a whole lot except that I choose who prays.

Nest week we have 12 1/2 hours of teaching appointments.  3 investigators.  5 teaching evaluations.  I'm learning to be a teacher, which reminds me, when & if Isabel and I live here, I'm totally going to apply to work here as a Spanish teacher while I go to school at the same time.

Learning Spanish is very easy.  I get stressed occasionally when the weight of the lack of vocabulary at times, but the grammatical principles are easy.  Spanish actually makes more sense than English.  And it  mentally hurts me to return to English from speaking Spanish.  My Branch Pres & his wife said they are impressed with how well I speak.  Next, I want to learn Chinese and then Arabic!

Thank you so much for the treats, which have been delicious.  In 3 days, I finished the trail mix.  The coconut was THE BEST.  If you want, you could send a whole box of them and a durian!!! Por favor!

My schedule looks like this:
     7:00 Personal Study
     8:00 Breakfast
     9:00 Companion Study
    10:00 Class
      1:00 Lunch
      1:45 Class and Misc Directed Time
      6:00 Dinner
      6:45 Gym
      8:00 Language study
      9:00 Planning

I've had 3 teachers thus far:  Hermano Milne, Hermana Nilsen & Hermano Keeton.  Hermano Milne and our district bonded like brothers.  No one really likes Hermana Nilsen that much, except me.  I really like her testimony, but I think she could be better at teaching Spanish.  Hermano Keeton has a different way of teaching.  We all learn really well from him.  And he throws markers at people who aren't listening.  Also, he lets us watch The District, which some of the videos I watched before my mission are a part of the series.  And the stories are amazing.  If you can find any of the videos, watch them.

Whoa!  My hands are tired from writing.  I love you. I miss you.  I like treats!  Especially raw chocolate & the coconuts.

Um.  Seeing Jeffery R. Holland was amazing.  It felt like 2600 missionaries were sitting in his living room.  He's the favorite of our district.  We also saw the son of Gordon B. Hinckley speak which was really awesome as well.

All is well.
I love you.
-Elder D. Christopher Hill


And from Isabel:

San Jose Here I come!
Hello Family in Roy,

I can't really write much b/c it's not prep day.  But I wanted to give you my new address it's on the package.  Could you just hold on to this for me till I get to Bolivia?  Right now it's exceeding my weight limit.  Family I love you.  I will call you  and my family on Monday.  Sadly I can't call Chris & he seemed bummed out when I told him I would write him on pday and not before I left.  :0(  His patience is running out with his companion and his district.  We really can't talk much at all and I haven't been able to tell him this so if you can let him know that you can't be indignant or angry or within you lies the sin.  So if he feels that start to bubble he needs to seek forgiveness first for not being "long suffering" "patient" & "charitable" & PRAY PRAY PRAY to know & receive these gifts & always see your own fault before your companions and then you can through your humility & Gods blessing love him.  I learned that & I so want to share it with him but my loving companions are always w/me.  You know what I mean?  Could you like dear elder him.  B/C Satan will use something that is rightfully making you angry against you and you think I have the right to be angry, but guess what you represent Christ and you have to be like him and he being perfect is really the only one that has a right to get mad and guess what else he doesn't often he just loves us and so yeah please let him know that.  B/C if not he won't feel the Spirit here and that's a shame.  Also tell him I love him.  And I won't ever forget that & when he feels worried about US.  He needs to kneel in prayer so that Satan exits his presence.  Well so much for not writing a letter.  I love you.  Thank you for sending me a calling card!!! Tell Ming, Jamie, Jeff, and Eugene Hey for me.  Tell them their money gift cam in handy and send me their address please.  Also Dennis and Sonjas'.  Well XOXO Les Amo  H. Florido

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was going to say, Christopher's letter blew me away, then I read Isabel's and hers equally blew me away, just in a different way. So glad you get to hear from them soon.

    ReplyDelete