Thursday, September 2, 2010

"A Hundred Fold" from Isabel


We received a snail mail letter from Isabel today.  It sounds like she is doing so well now....you can hear it in the tone of her letters.  Our strong girl is back!!!  Gotta love the pictures she took of Chris and his companion above.  Isabel explains the pictures in her letters.  It is fun to see Chris with his "Elder Hill" name tag on!!!  Here's Isabel's letter:

Aug 31, 2010
Next time I'll send a pic of me.  I saved these for you both.  Thank you for the goodies.  Especially the pictures.  Also I didn't know this but I can't email Chris so if you can forward to  each of us what the other said that would be awesome.  I didn't know I was breaking mish rules.  So this is Chris' companion & the older one is his older brother who just came back from his mission from Mexico.  The hilarious thing is that they could all pull off the "I'm his cousin" thing.  They look similar to me.  Also can I just say that I learned to love my companions and now that I learned how they are gone.  Isn't that funny.  You pass the test your on to something different.  It took prayer & fasting :0).  It makes me smile b/c every time in the scriptures you hear about "much prayer & fasting" its talking about getting rid of demons & such.  haha!  But that's one of the cool things here at the MTC is that you can't call your mom up anytime or your boyfriend you have to kneel & pray.  And usually what happens is that you realize your faults & vices & then you report to the Lord & that act of humility changes everything.  Like I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but if ever your not getting along with someone point out your flaws in prayer with the Lord instead of focusing on the other persons flaws & if you do it with sincerity of heart & asking to be forgiven he will show you how to fix the problem & make it feel fixed like magic like 123abc.  No joke.  Its amazing, but if you victimize yourself your just wasting a good lesson and as a perfect teacher that he is he'll make you start over.  I gave Chris the maca bar he was so happy & asked is there gogi & I said no just maca, but still it made his day, which made mine!  I love the boy.  Also, Jeffrey R. Holland promised that all that we sacrificed now for the service to the Lord and brethren would come back to bless us a hundred fold so I think we made a good investment. :0)  Also I will email you soon to let you know about Bolivia.
Love XOXO H. Florido

1 comment: