Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No Visa and New Companions! Email from Isabella

hola familia. i hope that everyone is well and in health. i only have 24 min to write so i write to everyone. sorry it cant be more personal. but thats whats required of me so thats what i do the rules here at the mtc was written by the apostles so i know its what the lord wants us here to go by. So this week has been a bit crazy and fun. i had a bit of a blow up with my companion dont worry it was an internal one and one that led me to much prayer and fasting and repenting and once i came to my heavenly father in prayer it was resolved. and i can honestly say that i miss the two of them now that they are in sunny florida. i on the other hand have been delayed because i dont have a visa yet well actually boliva right now is not granting visas because its in political turmoil. and my branch president told me that they might reassign me to st george in the meantime or that they might beputting me for good somewhere else. im not going to lie when they gave me my travel plan and i held it in my hands i was so excited. and it turns out that they just do that weather people have visas or not. and when i was told on saturday that i didnt have it and would just have to hang tight i cried. i really wanted to go to the land of the little people with sweet round faces and tiny hats. then i stopped and thought okay didnt you just learn this there is no point in murmuring or being sad everything happens for a reason. meeting your husband before you serve, getting companions that are very different from you. and having your visa delayed everything happens like the lord wants it to and he wants it the way that he does because its whats best for you. i am now okay with hanging tight like the president asked. and once i know i will be able to call all of you again so please answer the phone. the only thing thats a bit sad is that all my beloved district has left and now i dont know what my schedule should be i am a "solo sister" but see even thats not sad because the field is white already to harvest and they are out there now thrusting their sickle so yay! i hope that i go sometime soon too. also the sisters that i room with are so much more like me its awesome they are the calm after the storm they are super sweet and considerate. and one of them is even in the same boat as i am in kinda her comprometido is serving right now just as she is. they are very mindful of my needs and they pray for me its the best. On saturday i had the most interesting experience every week we need to write a talk for sunday and they randomly ask for an elder or sister to come up and speak. well for personal study i thought i should write that talk. the topic is a christ like attribute so i sat there for a second and into my head clear as can be i think obedience. so i thought i should see if that attribute is one of the ones i can choose from and then i thought how dumb you were just impressed to do it so DO IT so i open my scripturtes and it opens right up to 2 nephi 31 or 33: 7 where it talks about the savior not having to be baptized but doing it anyway to show his father love and humility and to be an example to us his younger bothers and sisters. then i thought you will be called to talk about this tomorrow. i got a bit of a stomach turn then i thought the lord asked me so he will put the words in my mouth. so that made me feel better right after my eyes just happened to glide to the next page where verse 13 where it talks about if you are humble and obedient having faith in christ then you would be granted a tongue of angels. then after i read it i felt "that's all" when i thought that i reread the versus and then i put the scriptures away and then on sunday going in i thought to myself Lord help me with what you want me to say. they called me to the stand and when i got up there i spoke about being obedient not just to avoid judgment from others or to simply follow the rules but to be like jesus humble meek willing to submit to the will of the father just to show love and respect and then as missionaries we too would be granted the tongue of angels that we can baptize many. it was great i felt to guided so inspired to humbled. well i have to go


les amo mucho

H. Florido

Ps chris would like us to pray so that we can use the language better with help of the father and son we think he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment