Saturday, August 28, 2010

More letters, the First Pictures, and a Phone Call from Isabel!

We received the two emails I posted earlier on Monday and Tuesday.  On Thursday we received this letter and two pictures from Isabel.

Hello,
Janice thanks for writing.  I know that I need to love.  You would be proud of me for all the loving I am doing, but since pride is a sin I'll just be content.  I remember all the council I got on the night I was set apart about loving & companionships.  I thought wow this is a giant sign on the road from God if I have ever seen one & all the words have helped me.  It doesn't mean I don't murmur.  I try not to and if I do I try to repent so I can have the comforter again & I pray all the time here and it works.  The other week I was trying to get a letter to Chris & the guy that runs the mailroom said I'm sorry I can't mail anything for you to the opposite sex.  My heart sank.  What he's my friend?  What are you saying sex for here at the MTC anyway!!!  & I had been waiting all week for Pday just to write to Chris so I started to feel my eyes water.  I immediately prayed.  I said Lord I have been waiting to check in with my love & buddy all this week.  What do I do?  I want to follow the rules & so I thought out loud in front of my comps, who haven't ever dated anyone seriously and who have been in college gefore the MTC so they don't understand homesickness & said they won't mail this for me to Chris.  What do I do? And one looked annoyed & said well its only 3 weeks you might just have to not write while you are here and threw her hands up.  The other sister said well I'd give it to him at lunch & then I said byt that breaks rules & she rolled her eyes.  I felt so alone.  At that moment I prayed to contain my tears & the Lord did this...instead he sent me three sisters who were in the mailroom to surround me & ask me about my boyfriend & to praise us both for serving him & they gave me hugs which I so sorely needed & my compas wouln't give & they gave me words of encouragement & mostly they gave me love and understanding.  Then I prayed in thankfulness to my Savior, Father, & Comforter.  They knew what I needed & all I had to do was Pray.  Jan & Dave thanks for your love & support.    <3 Isabel

On the front of the card was this picture....


On the back of her letter was this picture...

They look wonderful and it was so fun to see them there....doing what they do.

We received another letter from Isabel on Friday.  She needed a few more things in the way of some clothes, her Hep A shot, pictures and things and needed some help getting them.  She got to go shopping on Friday for 3 suit jackets to go with her skirts.  She teased that maybe we all could meet there.  She had received travel plans to go straight to Boliva and was to leave early Tuesday Morning, August 31st.  Dave and I were scrambling to get a package to her with what she needed and a couple of surprises....
we actually made it I think!

Then just before I left work on Friday I received a phone call on my cell....again I was startled to hear our Isabel's voice.  She sounded wonderful and said it was so good to hear my voice.  I can tell she is struggling with being homesick and away from everyone and everything.  She told me that her Visa for Bolivia has been delayed.  She is waiting for Salt Lake to reassign her until the Visa comes through for her.  She said she was a little sad about it...so everyone pray for her that her Visa comes quickly.  She told me was going to call her family as well.  She also told me that she will be able to call again when she knows where she is being assigned.  She told me that some Elders had been reassigned to Seattle and Mexico.  She also said that she is the only sister there going to Bolivia right now, so she suspects that a lot of her companions will be from Central and South America as well.  So as soon as we know what is happening...we will let you all know.

Also below is an updated address for Christopher:

Elder David Christopher Hill
MTC Mailbox 234
Hon-Com 0927
2005 North 900 East
Provo, Utah 84604

Pray for both of them...to learn, to have patience, to overcome the homesickness, to learn the language, to recognize the Spirit, and for their Visas to come so they can go where the Lord needs them!

No comments:

Post a Comment