Monday, August 23, 2010

Letters from Jared!

As most of you know who read this, Christopher has a brother Jared.  Well yesterday when we visited with Jared we took him to the MTC so  he could see at least where Chris and Isabel currently are.  Most of you know that Jared has multiple disabilities and all of this is a little bit of a challenge for him to understand.  After we ate yesterday to pass some time, I pulled out a notebook and told Jared that we needed him to write letters to Chris and Isabel.  There are times when Jared's simple and yet scattered outlook on life has to make you smile!  I could not resist putting these letters in the blog.  I also can't wait to here responses from Chris and Isabel.  Almost every trip this past year and a half down to see Jared, Chris and Isabel came with us.  The first thing Jared asked yesterday....where's Chrissy Bear?  So here are the letters Jared wrote:

Dear Chrissy Bear,

He's so nice to you.  He loves you!
Dad has a weed whacker.
I like Barney.
I want to watch a movie.  I like movies too.
Where's Kevin?  Is he going to mow his lawn?
Write me a letter back on Monday.
I love you!  We'll see you in a minute.
Love,
Jared Hill

Isabella,

I like Saddles the old goat.  He's got big old horns.
I love you very much.
We've got to find the truck.
I want to see the trimmer.
I want to go on a mission.  Not right now, on Monday.
Flip it!
Write me a letter next week.
Love,
Jared Hill

Are you smiling yet?  These are so Jared and how he thinks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janice, These brought tears to my eyes. I miss all the Jared-isms! LOL

    ReplyDelete