Monday, August 30, 2010

"Obra, Obra, Obra" email from Christopher

Hola padres!

How are you? I miss you. I'm sorry for not sending acutal letters during
the week. I get so busy here, and I only have time to write emails for
a half an hour, and a couple of hours to do laundry and write physical
letters to everyone. Which is honsetly a cop out but I try. I'm going to
try harder and remember everyone today. All I do is work, work work.

Obra, obra, obra.

His "work" is truly work. And mom, I want you to know how happy your
letter made me that you're praying. You need to learn to rely on the Lord
because you need him, because we all NEED him. The more you rely
on him in all things, like you experience with your workshop, the stronger
you will always be in all things. I've found this to be true here, especially.
I can't learn the language superfast, just at the Lord's pace. But if I first,
remember God, remember he made me and made this happen for me,
I ask him for help with the language, and then I have very spiritual experiences
of growth in Spanish. The other day I was teaching for the first time in
Spanish. My companion doesn't speak much right now, so I taught most of
the lesson (include him in your prayers, please). I was teaching most of the
lesson as naturally as possible in a role play, and when I began to bear my
testimony as we were running short on time, all of the sudden I had more
words from vocabulary that I've studied than ever before, and I could freely
speak spanish, which felt like the first time.

Also, padre;

Gracis for sus obras y su emosionado sobre de libro de mormon. estoy
apreniendo espanol muy rapido a veces, and y a veces yo creo que no
estoy aprendiendo nada. jaja. Te amo. Te extrano. Recuerdas a cuidar
a su salud. Come mucho cacao! y cocos y mushroomitos y mucho mas
salados. Don't submit to eating junk. Please. Please, Please. Por favor.
Para mi. Tu puedes cambiar todos cosas! Yo se, yo se! Tiene fe en
su dios cada dia. Como estan los peros? Como estan Saide Mae?
El otro dia, yo fui mirando a algunos fotos de peros, y les extrano mucho.
Pero, yo ecribire mas en papel.

Padres!

Yo necesito cacao! Haha. Chiste, chiste. Pero... Yo quiero mas pejates(packages, no se)
I would also like... a hug. Oh! Yo recorde algo. Voy a salir en cuatro lunes! Whoa!
I can call you on the 27th when I leave at the airport, but I don't know my leave time exactly.
Which I'll write more when I get my plans. So plan on that.

I miss Isabel a lot. And sometimes it's really hard to not be with her and have a real
conversation with her. Sometimes I worry that things aren't going to work. Sometimes
I get seriously scared. I know she loves me and I her. But I just realized how much
we've probably, already changed and it's a little breath taking. I think that I'm going
to be a lot different. But the lord will quickeneth all who thrust their sickle in his field.
I pray and hope that the love is the same, and we're just better people.

Also! I got another letter from the assistant of our MP. I think that we might acutally
be living/serviing in tegucigalpa. I've seen a couple of fotos around here of Honduras.
And no quedo esperar much mas a salir a Honduras! Whoo!!! Hasta luego, en serio, MTC.

I'll write more of my experiences on paper so you know a little more about the last
few weeks. I've only got about 2:25 left on this thing. Hold on.
Please write letters. I haven't got a letter in forever and they mean so much.
And treats mean so much. Right now I'm super thirsty. I don't need them and if you
can't you can't and I just want to hear from you at least once a week.

I know that God lives. That he's here. That the priesthood's real. The other day
we had a district meeting. OH!!! WAIT I totally forgot to mention that we got to
see Elder Jeffery Holland speak, which was wonderful. And Elder Uchdorf was
visisting here the other day. Anyway, back to what I was saying. Long story
short, we all bore testimony of our exp. with prayer. Bear your testimonies every
chance you get for your sakes and others.

I love you so much! Te amo Ciao!


Note:  I wish Chris could read this blog right now and know his Isabel is feeling much the same way.  My heart aches and celebrates with them both.  Please pray for them...that they will find peace and comfort and understanding that Love can travel a great distance and when put in the Lord's hands is eternal.  It has been a hard day for this Mom.  The first "LONG" day at school and yet my mind never leaves my children, my missionaries.  I cry when I don't hear from them, I cry when I do hear from them, and today I just so very much miss them!!!  Oh and yes this boy has his parents tied around that little finger of his as always....the package of goodies is on its way Son!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, it is amazing to see how much he has already grown. I love reading these letters. I am not one for remembering to send stuff all the time, but just know that he is in our prayers, and Isabelle too. We love you guys!

    By the way, this is from Jenni, even though it says Ted says...although Ted loves you too :) hehe

    ReplyDelete