Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Isabel's 2nd Email "Experiences and Travel Plans!"

Hola amigos, mas que eso mi familia. another prep day another week and tonight we have a devotional i cross my fingers its Elder Erying or Holland. Also i leave from the Mtc aug 31 st at 8:25 and i am not sure where i am going b/c i dont recognize the airport so google it for me and let me know. but i am going from slc to dallas to miami then to viru viru international on sep 1st. I am in the laundry room right now trying to email you i only have 19 min left. i dont know why chris isnt writting as often sorry. i will ask him and see why today he said that he had written you. this friday i go out to the university mall in provo to buy two suit jackets and i wont say when b/c i wouldnt want to see any of you there even though i would love to see all of you there. I have 3 teachers Garcia from Chile, Johnson Americano, Blazzard Americano. they are the best i learn so much from them. i have also rc time where i contact people over the phone and confirm that they have recieved what they ordered from the church visiting centers i have a 74 year old who wants to learn more about the book of mormon and a 34 year old female that wanted to get off the phone with me but i made her realize that as busy as we all are we can spare 30 mins with the missionaries to learn more of her creator. luckly everyone that i have spoken to believes in God. thats reassuring. i also had a gentlemen who denied himself on the phone and i politely said its okay that you are not Jesus, because you are still a child of God here trying to find his way back home and the message of Christ is for everyone because he loves everyone, wouldnt you like to learn more about how you could come to feel his love? it worked we spoke for a while. and thats all i want. as a missionary thats all we want. we want all of Gods children to know that they are Gods children that they may exercise their free agency. making an informed decision. I always say that and hopefully this will lead to more people developing a relationship with their Savior. the only reason that i practice being bold is because its just that important its their salvation or misery and my shyness simply cant get in the way. after people have told me they are not interested i ask them to let me share the message of the restored gospel first before they tell me they are not interested (my boldness i thank to brother blazzard who served in DF Mexico)  after i do and they still tell me they are not interested i repeatedly thank them for letting me share something to dear to me and then tell them i respect them and love them. i try to be tactful that i learned from brother Johnson served in Washington spanish speaking sweetest most honest guy ever. and the being loving and respectful i learned from brother Garcia served in Uruguay. have learned many things here Jonathan your next at the MTC buddy and belive me its worth it the small uncomfortable stuff is bearable when you see what the lord wants from you. and really as Elder Holland said salvation is not a cheap experience. and we are not his disiples if we ask for the easy way. I love you all Mam y Papi, Mom, Dad and Brothers and Sister y pequnas los amo! Isabel

No comments:

Post a Comment