Monday, January 10, 2011

Investigator or Disciple?...Monday Letters

From Isabella

so i again im left with like no time sorry i will tellyou the highlight of this week actually lowlight we have benn teaching these two kids in particular they are both 15 one is jessica and the other is mauricio their parents are way catholic and dont even sadly understand the bible they jusr dont want theyr kids to change religion but wont accept our invitation to hear us out and pray to know if its true like their children have and know its true both of these kids have read the book of mormon prayed to know if they should be baptized and have recieved and answer jessica dreamt she was reading the book and was so happy she woke up joyful and knew she needed to be baptized and mauricio has prayed and thought he didnt recieve an answer but then he said but what better answer than to feel peace everytime i read or learn more with both of you and besides chirst himself was baptized when he was older not when he was a child and its a commandment so i will pray that my dad will give me permission.... but hard hearted dad told us to get lost well not really but really he said please let me clear up some things for my child give me a space of 1 month and then you can come back again. my comp and i both felt this guy is so affraid of the change of heart his child has had he knows he cant change his mind if we keep coming. we are to go back feb 15 and we both left knowing that God was preparing the way for that family to be converted. we were upset but had peace nontheless. upset because the father kept saying i know my stuff i know my stuff i almost became priest.... i thought yeah almost but not quite right? i couldnt action a glove micheal jackson almost wore because it would be worthless... then he said and i decided and we both said at the same time how? and he said i studied many religions and then i chose which was best so we read him Prov 3 :5 on and 1 John 1:5 and told him that he had chosen with the understanding of man but he didnt even think to ask God which religion would save his soul. and he didnt understand what we ment, i always think of what jesus said... the darkness doesnt understand the light. and he sure didnt. poor kids they so wanted to do what was right but their parents got in the way. janice im hand writting you letter about richard and stuff sorry for whats happening. thanks for the gel and pjs they were heaven sent the the seeds too! and chirs pictures made me so happy!!!


les amo!

From Christopher
Hi! Today we went to the hospital!‏

So, it´s Monday. And I´m 12 minutes away from working, as it´s almost 6 o´clock.  Today we went to he hospital! Like I said...

Why? Well, to keep things short: my companion has had a dry throat that is literally unquenchable for days and days and days (3 weeks to be exact). So today we went to the office and then we went to the hospital and then we went to get drugs at the pharamacy. It was an adventure, and we get to do half of it over again the next week... Without money. Ha. Which right now is my problem:  I have almost no money. A little, but with the help of members, I´ll eat and get where I need to go.

I wish you could see the members. You don´t know how truly wonderful they are. (also a thought just came to my head: if you want to receive blessings in your life, visit people with the missionaries and refer people to them. the catch is you need to visit those referrals with the missionaries also. I promise that you will begin to receive more blessings that can be held. Try me. Or.. try God.)  The members feed us SO much. The members leave their families and visit other families. I asked 3 members if they had old Liahonas because I was searching for all of the General Confrences in the past 10 years (Like President Acosta of the seventy said that a living prophet is better than a dead one. So more and more I´m using this in our lessons.) And to say the least, they helped me. Now from 2001-2010, I have all of the general confrences.... ALL of them.

I wish you could feel when I´ve had a bad day and these members have randomly give me a hug or smiled at me or said that I speak like a latin. And all of it comes at rarely oportune moments, like when I need a drink of water in the desert and voila! There is water. It´s a beautifully sown symetry that God has woven in this
articulate fabric of time. And I love it.

I love Honduras. I love the people. Every day something make me want to be more like Christ. More strong in my conviction. More fortified in my decision.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. And so are you. You have all decided to be Christians, mom, dad, Isabel, grandma, grandpa and everyone else in my family (i began to name you all but i can´t write much more), which means you will always represent Jesus Christ. You are disciples, which means in every thought and action, if you can´t realistically imagine Christ doing it, do something different. Rather, those bracelets read the truth, "What Would Jesus Do?" And don´t you think the apostles know that they´re apostles?  That they know Christ. I testify that they do. I heard in person Jeffery R. Holland say,"I used to testify that Jesus lives, now I know that he lives."

Think about it.
Sincerely, Elder Hill





No comments:

Post a Comment