Monday, January 3, 2011

Foto Letters...Worth a 1000 Words!

Today we received four emails.  A letter from Isabel and then an email with four fotos!  Then two emails from Chris with 11 different fotos.  They look so good!  It was awesome to see their beautiful glowing faces!  I will try to write what the pictures are of.  ENJOY!!!  I have many times today!

Isabel's Letter

Hola familia como estan? I hate computers here it takes super long to just log in like 15 min no joke and everyone who is from here they just wait patiently they expect it to take that long but my zone liders are telling me to write in Word while it loads… smart so maybe next time i will have more time. Also I tried sending you all pictures from these past weeks and I had a delivery failure, so I guess they didn’t get to you and I spent so much time tinkering with the computer I couldn’t write much so I have written to joeson, jonathan and grandma and two investigators and it will be getting you next week. How was new years? Here everyone drinks soooo much and then they blow fireworks some of the elders did as well but of course we couldn’t! ja ja. Another thing that they do here is that all those chanchos or pigs that are out roaming around wild get eaten so I now know how to kill a pig yay! Jk its really gross. I spent all day telling pigs your going to die today pig so repent… its kinda sad but you have to have fun how ever you can and the funny part is that my comp would say don’t be so mean poor pig. Ja ja. If I was in the usa I think that I would probably feel sad but here seeing the necessity of all these people all you can say is I hope it nourishes them so bye bye piggy. So this weekend we had 1 baptism of hermanita Antonia who contacted us and is 75 years old remember? She ask us what we were preaching and then during many visits we had she confessed that she felt compelled to call out to us but felt scared she felt that prompt in her heart 3 times before she spoke to us and when she spoke to us we I felt this warmth all over me and I sat on the ground with her and kissed her hands and spoke to her for a while and one week before her baptism we asked her if she had asked the lord in prayer if what we taught her was true if joesph smith had seen the Lord and Jesus and if the book of mormon is his word. It was hard for her because she doesn’t know how to read and we couldn’t teach her one lesson at a time but rather 3 principles at a time and she couldn’t remember what the names of the commandments were like law of chastity or word of wisdom or tithe and so we prayed over and over that she could gain a testimony of what we taught her and she did it was amazing even though she cant pronounce chastity she understands what it is and she knows the 5 thing we don’t consume as members of the church and we would read out of the book of mormon to her and she said I don’t need to pray that book is powerful its true I know it is. We were so blown then we had another hurdle to overcome she handnt received and answer about joesph smith then after probing why she hadnt received an answer we discovered that she was expecting a dream and so I began and am sure my comp also began to pray over and over that this grandma could have her answer in the form of a dream and that it would be clear for her to understand or clear for us to interpret for her and in fact had received two clear dreams but she couldn’t understand them and I interpreted one where she had found many jewels that where spilling out of this wall and she was so happy but this man started yelling at her saying let that go it isn’t yours, you don’t deserve that and besides its mine. I told her that the jewels were the blessing of baptism and the gospel and that the man who was trying to frighten her so that she couldn’t have any of the jewels was the devil she said I think that you are right then the other dream she had hermana choque interpreted for her it was where two men in robes offered her an apple and lovingly insisted she partake but she didn’t know if she should. That same week even though her son told her you cant get baptized you forget everything better if you wait a month and then you learn more and then you get baptized. I was like no way he isn’t you and this ordinance is between you and the Lord and besides he isn’t a missionary we will tell you if you are ready or not and guess what you have faith and have repented of your sins you are ready so she went through the baptismal interview and in there she bore her testimony to Elder Salazar and she felt the spirit so strong she came out saying Ahh I couldn’ care less what my family says im old enough to do this by myself and the lord took from my heart all fear I will be getting baptized this Saturday hermanitas. It was so sweet. When she came out of the water I was so happy the Lord is so great. She got another chance in life and we didn’t ask her bear her testimony because we thought she would be too self conscious to do so and when we helped her change into her dry clothes she looked at us with those sweets old grandma eyes and said can I thank them I want to say thanks and we told her of course and she bore her testimony. sweetest thing ever. i love you all take care. till next week!

Isabel's 1000 Words



Cochabamba Bolivia Temple (Beautiful)


Elder Salazar and Hermana Antonia


Isabella, her Companion, & Hermana Antonia


Isabella, Hermana Antonia, and Companion before Baptism
Christopher's 1000 Words


First View of Hondi (Chris' Words)



The two above pictures are of the street in front of his Casa.


Johnny, Chris' 1st Person he Baptized!


Of Course...he would find a Spring.  This Mom loves this picture!


He titled this one in the flowers with grin of cheese
....Cheesy Grin...somethings just don't quite translate exactly!

Family Diaz...they eat with them most Sundays.  Chris talked about them in a previous letter. 
Thank you Diaz family for caring for my Boy!


These are three 16 year old friends, who were taught, converted each other
 and baptized  each other with the help of Elder Hill and Elder Christensen.
 Chris talks about them in a previous letter as well.


New Companion Elder Giron of Guatemala and Elder Hill


Another family they taught. 
They baptized two of the girls, Cinara on the right and Nicole in the middle.

Chris and his Cacao.  He titled this, "Cacao me pone Feliz."  Cacao makes me Happy!


Pictures and modern technology are so awesome...I am so blessed to be able to communicate with and see my kids beautiful faces.  Don't they just radiate with the Light of Christ!  I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I have today!  Ciao



2 comments:

  1. This blog is beautful. When I read Isabellas letter it brough tears to my eyes. I love the pictures. What a blessing to have two missionaires in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking so good! You must be one proud mama :)

    ReplyDelete