Monday, August 8, 2011

Fans of the Bossy Girl and The Piano Man!!!

THE BEAUTIFUL(BOSSY!!!) GIRL'S LETTER
 (She has been out one year this Thursday!)

so all the elders that gave me a hard time left to other areas i guess i learned and so did they what they needed and im enjoying it a lot! my bishop told me the other day i was bossy i said and you arent there is work to be done tell people to get it done, i hope our pride doesnt get in the way of progress. and it felt good. and i would say it agin if needed! my dad wrote in his email ¨im a fan of my daughter, hurra for my missionary¨ gracias papi its so encouriging to have fans :) janice im glad you made a quilt and i think that what you a sending to your family is going to be such a blessing. this week a young 15 year old girl karen we contacted said yes! i have always wondered why there are so many churches if there is only one Christ. yes! my mom wonders the same thing. and she is so excited we taught her to pray and she promised to pray everyday. 3 times a day. compare that to a woman who said why would i pray to know if this book is true? im catholic. wow. our investigator bryan is excited by the church and yesterday he had a problem with fast and testimony meeting he said why is this the only ture and living church? why does everyone say that? i said well because we teach exactly what Christ taught nothing is lacking nothing is added and whats more He directs this church by the prophets and seers and we discussed scriptures and he said i think i need to ask God if what you are saying is true we both smiled and said yep! im so happy for him his brother cristian is close behind him in receiving his answer. please pray for them both. people are singing bon jovi in perfect english ha ha and now they are playing red hot chili peppers and it makes me miss Chris. oh and niel anderson the apostle is coming to cochabamba the 9th what a way to celebrate my 1 year in the mish. pray for me that i can focus on the mish and find the lost sheep and be a blessing here. i need your prayers. les amo mucho and gina thanks for the pictures could you print one or two for me to keep in my dresser. okay i have to go Jonathan stay strong man love ya


hna florido

THE HANDSOME (PIANO MAN!!!) BOY'S LETTER

I´m so tired and so very happy because the dad of a family that we´ve been teaching for 3 months finally prayed for the first time and it was beautiful. And the joy that was borne in my heart of quite immense. when we left the lesson, I left doing jumping jacks, in the middle of the street at nine o´clock at night. I want to you all know that I´m happy.

This week we... went to the mountains a lot. And it looks just like Utah, but with banana trees and lots of corn. I felt really at home. I really want to have lots of land and goats and cherry trees and goji berry bushes... .sigh.

I also drank a root beer for the first time in over a year, which tasted fantastic... ALMOST a kombucha. Haha.

Also, my companion is doing fine. He´s handling the death of his father well.

So, I have a secret that I´ve been keeping from you all. I´m learning how to play the piano! And this week I´m going to play in sacrament meeting. I recorded the first line of divina luz (divine light?), this morning. It´s not perfect, but I´ve only been practicing for 2 or 3 weeks. Also,I´ve lost a lot of weight. I weigh 190 pounds right now. :)

This week I´m super tired from traveling and I spent A LOT of money traveling to the mountain. I want to visit all of the members so that they feel our support. It´s really important to me.

This week, I want to invite you to read Doctrine and Convenants 88. It´s something that I´ll be studying this week. Oh! Are you guys doing family home evening?!!! You HAVE to. I would walk bearfoot across the hot, scorching desert to have family home evening with you and watch movies of the church and learn about the mysteries of God. I invite you to receive more light this week. And if you haven´t read Doctrine and Covenants, that you can begin reading it with me today. I´ll begin Section 1 today. Okay? Okay. Deal. And every day we have family home evening over seas... er... over "country." How does that sound? And I invite everyone in our family that we can all begin reading Doctrine and Covenants as a family. And we´ll finish in 142 days. One section a day.

I want you to all know that I love you a lot. You mean so much to me. I have a feeling that I´m going to have to move soon. The winds are changing in my heart. I feel a disconnection with the ground of Siguatepeque.

Oh! also, I would like a bunch of ties from the DI. Pretty ones. But if you could send me lots of cheap, pretty ties. That´s all.

I love you all.

Elder Hill


First Rootbeer in a Year!!!

Elder Hogstram and Elder Hill
Scary Eyes and he is like 6'4"

Totem!
Elder Rojas, Elder Hill, Elder Hogstram, and Elder Arevalo

Pulling Firewood in the Mountains!
Click below to hear Chris play the piano!  He made me cry....again!!!! Imagine that!





1 comment: