Monday, August 29, 2011

The Short and Long of It!

Isabella's Letter

well i couldnt hear chris playing the piano:( but hopfully next time with more time i will im sure its the best. Jonathan Feliz Cumpleaños!!  what did you do? i only have two mins im doing well im healthy now im pretty sure im leaving cala cala this following week and everyone is teasing me that im going to potosi we will see im glad that everyone is doing well.
take care
hna florido

Christopher's Letter

I hope that in this week... if you could focus on anything it would be the restauracion of the true church.  I feel like that we need to always be inviting.  It is difficult for me to share the gospel with people from home because I´m here.  I wish that when we get home that we help so many people come to Christ.  That people will know that this is the only true church over the face of the earth.  I thank God that this church is true.  That it´s real.  That it IS.  The truth is the truth.  Thank you so much for your help to come here on a mission.  I promise that I have felt the holy ghost since I was little and knew from those experiences that God was real.  I just never knew how to overcome my problems.  I was prideful and scared.  I will enter the next life with an assurance of where I will go.  And how wonderful it is that I´ll be greated by family.

This week we had 1.5 families in church, 5 people in total.  I live to see families in church and getting baptized. 

In other news, I´m making flax crackers at home!  Haha.  And making veggie sandwiches with them.  My companion likes them a lot.  We´ve also been making cereal with sesame seeds, "alpiste", flax, cacao, honey and cinnamon.  It´s SO good.  Wow. 

If you want to make something at home that we eat here pretty often, you need to buy a bunch of small corn tortillas from a mexican market and really soft cheese similar to mozzerella.  Quesillo o queso fresco quizá.  And you make a sandwich with two tortillas and the cheese and then you toast them in a pan until the tortillas are crispy and the cheesy melted.  It´s like a quesadilla (quesadillas here are corn cookies made from corn, pure sugar cane juice, cinnamon and cheese).  And then you need to make a salsa of tomatoes, onions, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, chopped cucumber if you want.  And then you eat the tortillas with this salsa, which is called:"chismol."   This is called Tortillas con Quesillo y Chismol.     I´ve also made it with different spices, like basil and orégano and it tastes like bruccetta or pizza.  It´s delicious.  Yum.

Changes are Wednesday and I am staying in Siguatepeque another 7 weeks.  Yay!  I love Siguatepeque and I have a feeling that we´re going to work miracles this month.  I´m really excited. But!  My companion who I trained is leaving and I have NO idea who´s coming.  I have a feeling they´re from the states, but I´ll have to tell you next week.  Elder Arévalo has really blossomed and grown much in 3 months.  It´s so weird how fast time is passing.  Truly I´ll be home in no time at all and have to work and study and get married and wow.   The best is yet to come.  But I plan to always stay weird.  Stay very missionary-like.

This week I played in sacrament The Spirit of God, which was SO fun.  Whoa.  I love playing the piano.  It´s the best.  I actually like playing it more than the guitar.  I want to learn how to play the violin, too, and the trumpet.

I know that this church is true.  I know that Joseph Smith was called of God and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that the other words that were brought to light by Jospeh Smith are true.  I know that the we lived before we were born here and that we will live after.  I know that I will have an eternal family.  I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

....

Amor, don´t forget that I love you.  I will always love you and
we will always be in love.  You are the light and love of my life.
If it weren´t for you, I wouldn´t be here. And if it wasn´t for God,
we wouldn´t be here.  That we might always be bathed in the light
of His love...  I love you more than you know.  I´m not the man that
proposed to you.  I´m so much more.  I know that this church is
true and we will be together forever.  I have a testimonio of the
atonement of Christ. I know that the book of mormon is true and
that Joseph Smith is a prophet, love.  And I love the work of God.
I love that we knew each other before, and will show God through
signs and promises that we´ll keep his commandments so that
we can have joy in the promises that we made before the world
was.  I promise to you that I will take care of you and sacrifice
everything for our family.  I´m sorry if you feel awkward because
I express myself openly, but this is so important to me.  We are
so important to me.  Our family is so important to me.

I love you so much... And I can finally be at peace knowing that
I can communicate with your family.  How beautiful.

11 meses hasta nuestra propia familia eterna.  hasta ver... en el templo.

No comments:

Post a Comment