Monday, September 12, 2011

Peace!!! & A Happy Birthday!

Isabella's Letter
what can i do i really dont know how to get along with the bishop and i still dont know the transfers bc the president was out of town so we get told today if i go somewhere new but i feel so frustrated to still have a crummy relationship with him and his family that makes up most of the wards leadership. his wife said sister speak with love which i feel i do, i told him to read 2 nefi 9 40. afterwards im not sure it was the best thing to do bc of his reaction. but i keep reading to myself alma 7 23 and 24 i really want to be like jesus and my pride gets in the way darn pride! i love cala cala, the meek and ¨weak¨ of the ward the ones that some leave to the side they are the best they make me laugh we serve one another we are like our own little zion. i wonder if i get to train and stay here or if they ship me off. leaving investigators thats the hard part even if they are little stubborn... you learn to love them so much you nurture them, feed them go to bed thinking of them you pray for them in your heart throughout the day you fast for them your heart breaks when they dont progress or when they feel the gospel is true but run in the other direction. danielita made a necklace others made me dinner one made me cry he said im going to talk to the president. so hard if they do ship me off so hard if i stay, but what ever the Lords will is, i know its going to be for the best of me, the ward, the bishop, the investigators and my companion. his will is perfect and magnificent. so i will be letting you know que pasa.


hna florido

ps i really need liquid for my lenses and chris i wrote you hopefully it gets there on you birthday.


Christopher's Letter


Dear Mom and Dad,
I have had a very good week. When I thought we weren't doing so well with our goals and numbers, I was surprised that we were carrying along just fine. We didn't have any baptisms this week, but I am happy to report that this week, we will have one baptism of a Sister who is quite converted to the Gospel of
Jesus Christ. She, this week, had a dream in which she was pleading with God if this was the true church. To which she beheld a bright, blinding light like the sun in the sky and suddenly woke up with a strong feeling in her chest. I asked her the day before she had the dream, "Sister, do you believe that this is the true church of Jesus Christ?" To which she responded,"Well... I'm not really sure." The day after her dream, I repeated to her the same question. "Yes, I know this is the true church," she replied. Ha! I love this job.

More and more, I'm becoming an old man here. Haha. I can feel changes that I have never felt before. And all of the sudden, I really dislike bananas. From one day to the other, I have lost all enjoyment of eating a banana. Of which, there exist more than 10 or 20 varieties of bananas. In the last week, I have eaten so much more meat than I have consumed in my entire mission! Haha. I love eating everything that there is to eat, but my body says to me that it wants vegetables. Greens. Grasses. Spring water. 'sigh'

My companion is really funny and tries to sell me everything he has. His ipod, his shoes, his electric razor, and his watch. Haha. It makes me laugh.

I want to thank you for all that you have done. The mission has really saved my life. I would have been a fowl, irresponsable creature if I had never lived and suffered the life of a missionary. From my youth, I was blessed to recognize the spirit, but the discipline is something that I have always lacked. In school. In diet. In the arts. I never completed anything. I think for that same reason, I am going to have to fight with all my heart to baptize a big family.

I, too, Dad, have wanted to go to the temple and do sessions in Spanish. I am really glad that you went. I hope that you both are taking care of your health. I pray for your both always, especially in this aspect. I wish to know you with all my heart.

I love you so much.

With love,
Elder Hill

It is Elder Hill's 24th birthday on Sunday (the last birthday I must endure without him too!) Happy Birthday Chrissy Bear!!! I love you and miss you son!

1 comment: