Monday, September 19, 2011

A very Happy Birthday!!!

We received two emails from Chris today with photos and music.  We have not heard from the beautiful girl today.  I have a sneaking suspicion she was probably transferred and so maybe we will hear from her tomorrow or the next day!

Christopher's First Email

Queridos Padres,

Os doy las gracias por haberme mandado la pelicula en que
me entonaron Feliz Cumpleaños. Muchisimas gracias. En
este correo electronico, os mando la grabada de mi tocando
el espiritu de Dios, dos fotos de un bautismo que tuvimos el
sabado y algunos de mi fiesta el domingo. Los miembros
de la rama me aman mucho y me han dado mucho realmente.
Espero, mama, que aprendas a hablar en español. Hay que
hacerlo ya. La mañana no espera a la noche; solo viene cuando
venga.

Con amor,
Elder Hill
Dad's translation:
Dear Parents,
I give you thanks for having sent me the movie in which you sang Happy Birthday!  Many many thanks!  In this email I send the recording of me playing "The Spirit of God Like A Fire Is Burning", photos of a baptism we had Saturday and some of my party.  The members of the branch love me much and have given me much!  I hope, Mama that you learn to speak Spanish. Now is the time to learn.  The morning doesn't wait for the night; it comes when it may come.

With love
Elder Hill





Christopher's Second Letter
Dear Mom and Dad,

I hope that you know that I had a really, really wonderful
birthday. I think I was sang to, like, 5 times. I was given
a pair of new expensive shoes, a souvenier keychain
made of wood that says HONDURAS. The 17th, we
had the best baptism of my mission, a sister who is named
Damaris. She has had a powerful conversion. The 18th
in church, after the meetings, I saw young man named
Cesar, who I have taught for 6 months here. We have
invited him and his sister to get baptized many times.
This Sunday was his first Sunday in church in a very long
time, the first since I have been here. I had a strong impression
to show him the baptismal font, and long story short.
I showed it to him and asked him to get baptized. He began
to cry and said that he was thinking about getting baptized
during the class. He will be my 20th baptism, and if his
sister gets baptized that willl be terrific. We are also hoping
to baptize a family of 5 this coming week. The dad has been
attending church for one month and this weekend he didnt
go drinking with his friends. My joy is full!

In the night time, I was truly blessed. One of my converts
and her sister made for me tres leches, which was really
really good. I also had received another invitation by a
family that I love a lot. We have had lots of special moments
together. We gave a blessing to the grandmother of the
family once and the spirit was so strong that I could stop
crying. I was overwhelmed for 15 or 20 minutes. The doctors
said that she was going to die because she broke her hip in a fall,
and we gave her a priesthood blessing in the hospital. She is
healing incredibly quick.


We went to this house, and they made us dinner with a cooked
wild hen from their house, potato salad and really, really delicious
rice. Hermana Kaylin made me a cake too. They sang to me
and at the end they sang,"mordida! mordida!" Which means to
bite. But... I didnt want to, but I did it and my companion pushed
my face into the cake.

I hope that you like all of the pictures, and no, I havent received
your package. This truly was the best birthday ever. I wish I could
always be in the mission work. We need to do better.

I wanted to share with you something. I learned in my study with
my companion that the book of Mormon is the proof that Jesus is
the Christ. Really, the bible isnt proof. It is just a witnees, but like
it says in Corinithians, by the word of two or three witnesses I will
reveal my will. The book of mormon testifies to the jews and all
of the the other religions that Jesus is the Christ. I hope that you
can all understand that. If the book of mormon is true, it means
that this is his church and that He is the savior of all. I want you
all to remember how important the book of mormon is.

WIth lots of love,
Elder Hill




HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY!!!  Love you, Son!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment