Monday, January 16, 2012

6 Weeks & Hooola!!!

Isabella's Letter & Pictures

first off im finishing my mission did you know? have i not talked about it enough? i have 6 weeks left. and i am giving bolivia all i have left which is alot of excitment and cheer sometimes i get a bit gloomy to leave but i dont focus on that and we found a whole family whose mom is a less active and desperatly wants to quit drinking they are so wonderful and humble and just longing for a positive change and even though they drink and its a problem that affects all of their lifes you can feel the love they have one for another. unfortunetly they werent strong enough this week to make it to church but thats where we come in and we will nurture them and strengthen them until they can walk on their own. i still havent taken pictures of them but will soon bc my camera doesnt have anymore virus. yay but now the lens is making strange noises but thats okay i still have my comps camera. i couldnt send you pics of the mine last time like a month ago but that pday was so epic here they are. my comp wasnt with me bc she didnt feel well enough to slide down and so i went with the elders it was so fun we sled s good way down and even though my butt hurt it was worth it no other sister wanted to come with me though. also i told the president last time i saw him during xmas time that in my humble opinion hna nevares had stayed way too much time in cochabamba and that she would most likely love my area i dont know from where i got the spunk but i winked at him and said so what do you think president maybe? and guess what this week i am getting my new companion and bestie hna nevaress im ending well. and though i am very sad that my comp cherres is leaving me bc we became very close i know she is moving to better and bigger things she is going to villamoscu and thats a tough area she is usto dirt roads and polite people who let you in and now this is the polishing part of the mission creating a need for the rich people to listen to her.
 
anyway i just looked at the time i have to go. i love you all and am so happy for the baptism of troy and the packages still havent come yet but they will hopefully not by the end of my mish though ha ha. love hna florido
 






 
Christopher's Letter and Pictures
 
Dear Mom and Dad,

It is so wonderful to see those pictures and hear of that story.  I hope that you are both keeping record of it in your journal. For the first time in my life that I remember, you are actually participating in the salvation of other souls! Haha. It brings me great joy. I hope that you help him stay in the church. It is
really, really beautiful. And there is nothing else of value in this world than serve one another and bring others unto the knowledge the Good Pastor. He knows and loves us.

I have had a really difficult and excellent week. We had a wedding. Once again, the Sacrament has brought me peace and fixed my soul. I testify that the Atonement is true and powerful. I recommend that you study the Atonement, Justice and Mercy in the topical guide and study for the scriptures. They make a big difference in my day to day life.
 
Look. So, mom, you need that story.

The name of the man is Gustavo Caceres. All of his family are members of the Church and have been pioneers here in Honduras since long ago.  His wife is the Pres. of Relief Society. He has received the missionaries for more than 27 years and never has treated them very well. We began visiting him and we see that the Lord knows the way to a persons heart, if we will let him, he will come in and fill us with joy. And we will know without a doubt that it is of God. That is what happened with Gustavo. Little by little, we completed with his commitments and I remember when he said for the first
time in prayer, after having attended church with his family for the second or third time,"Father in Heaven, I know that I have felt thy spirit tonight..." And we find a tall, powerful, punctual man was braught to tears many time by the Holy Ghost and he courageously answered the call, despite the pressure of his other family who hate the church. He was baptized by his oldest son who is a returned missionary.

"I am the Good Pastor and I know my sheep, and my sheep know my voice."
John 10:14

I know that this is the church of God. I testify with much love. But I have to go. I used 8 minutes extra to write this. I love you so much.

I got my package. Thanks for everything! I loved it. I also am going to need
money to buy a new suit, because mine is ripped in the pants and a few places.
They cost here like 150 dollars. Sorry, but thanks!

I love you, Dad. I love you, Mom. I look forward to doing Family Home Evening with you when I get home.  And helping all that we know to come unto Christ. The mission has just begun. I want to come home on the plane, but may we return someday to Honduras.

Con amor,
Elder Hill
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment