Monday, January 30, 2012

Baptisms, Basketball, & Bread

Isabel's Letter
fernanda and david were baptized this week!

buenos dias familia thanks for your emails and just letting me know how you all are doing, i love you. i have asked the president to stay another transfer the president said he can extend my mish till the 29th of feb without permission but that he has to ask for permission from a general authority to have me here till the end of the transfer which would be april 10 and usually we do a family home evening at the mish home the monday of that week when we leave and tuesday we go to the temple and have the final interview and then i ship out either wed or thur. but none of this is totally for sure until i have my flight information which i wont have until the two weeks or three prior. i want to arrive to the salt lake airport and then give my homecoming talk in the roy ward since they have supported me so much, and i am forever indebted. this week my new companion was ill for most of the week we went out only like 4 times the whole week it was kinda sucky but we still got everything done for the baptism. theres not a whole lot to tell this week except viva el rock! thats my converts´ favorite phrase when he didnt know what to respond during the discussions. anyway i am having a really great time and i am so blessed president just agreed to let me stay aperantly he usually tells the sisters to go home study and get married. any i love you all take care! chris congrats on the family! i am so happy for you








Chris' Letter

I am!!!... Peludo. (Hairy.)

Dear mom and dad,

This week we didnt baptize that family! They had to work the day of their baptism!
Haha. It is funny how things go. It is very probable that in two weeks I am going
to another area. We had interviews the week before last and I dont remember
what he told me honestly, but he asked my companion in his interview if he was ready
to receive a new missionary and to another Elder in my district, he said,"Elder, you are
trained to be district leader, right? Are you prepared if your distrit leader has changes?"

SO. It is pretty (I wrote pretture... who knows what that means) sure that I am leaving in
two weeks. Who knows where I will go? I would like to go to a pueblo again. A change of
scenary. Campesinos (Hicks. Haha. No, really it means "field people or people from the field")

In this week, I have had lots of thoughts of personality, or who I am,
and what will life be like after the mission. People change in the mission.
Not who we are, rather who we have become. I like how it is said in
Spanish. "llegar a ser" which means become, but litteraly means
"arrive to be." So the mission is a means by whcih we arrive to be
a new creature. The same person refined and reborn in the work of
the Lord. I dont know if that makes sense.

My changes are:
1) respect for authority
2) a comprehension of obedience
3) I have lost 37 pounds
4) I understand the atonement and
how to take advantage of it.

Today we as a district are going to play basketball and make "Pan de Pan."
Bread of Bread. It is kind of like carrot bread, but without carrots, made of
white bread, "semitas," and... other types of bread. And you mix it all with
sugar, eggs and other ingredients. I dont really know how to make it. The
sisters are going to make it. Haha. I think that Isabel would like it, because
she likes to bake. The other day I saw pumpkin pie mix and it made me want
to make pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, like she made us once.

I will send you pictures.

Love you.
Elder Hill

...

I hope that you get to stay like you want to. The mission is the best.
Congradulations on your baptisms! They look crazy but like a lot of
fun your investigadors. Love you. Have fun.

Hey! You should show me a typical food from Bolivia that I could make
here. It would be a good activity as a district.


No comments:

Post a Comment