Monday, February 20, 2012

Carnaval Fun in Bolivia and Assistant to the President in Honduras!!!

Isabella's Letter

so we went to go teach our recent converts and then we had a full blown water fight, it was the best ever by far times a thousand. it all started by little reichell saying hna you wouldnt get too mad if you got wet right i said no why? and she a burts a little water ballon on my head and then i threw a bucket of water and before you know it we were just drenched totally drenched and then we told hna nevarez to come out and she said no i know were this is going and i said come on i need to go home and change im freezing (it was hailing while we played) and when she came out a bucket of water flew ha ha ha. so this week we were able to find a lot of families and we placed 13 baptismal dates and we had 6 attend church it feels so good. what feels even better i get to stay one more general conference here in bolivia yay! love you all have to go hna florido
 





Christopher's Letter
Dear Mom and Dad,

So last week we had our changes and I got moved. On Sunday night,
they called us and announced to us those who would be leaving... but
not where we would be going. I had already packed expecting to leave,
but as E. Juarez and I got home on Monday night, I received a phone
call from Presidente Flores unexpectedly at 10:00 roughly. We talked
about the visits we had with Elder Martino and the investigadors that
we visited and I felt really nervous talking to him because it was strange
that he had called, but he can do that right. He IS the President.

After talking for 4 or 5 minutes, he says,"Elder Hill, the Asistents called
you right?" "...No, they didnt. Why?"

To which he sighed unpleased like they were supposed to call me, and then
said,"Elder Hill, I have something to tell you. Are you ready? ... You are my
new Asistent Are you excited? Oh, and I need you to be in the office tomorrow at midday for a
meeting with the new missionaries."

So... in other words, I am the new asistent to President Flores, which is
neat. We give trainings to missionaries, make report for the whole mission,
we have a cell phone and we have a Toyota Hylux. And it is a lot different
than walking on dirt paved roads and knocking on doors.

We work from 4 pm to 9 pm in our area, which is called Roble Oeste, which
is the most well off economically speaking. Millionares live there. The area
seventy live there. One of them teaches the priesthood class actually, which
is neat to be taught by one of the seventy on a weekly basis. Haha.

My suit is black and really nice. I will have to send you a picture next week.
This week has been full of changes and we will have to see what the next week
is like. I love you all.

Yesterday we had a lesson with a family that has been putting off baptism which
was so powerful. They talked about how they wanted to be perfect by their own
account, their own actions. I talked about that we cant depend on ourselves to
be perfect or clean. God can only do that. We dont have the power to do that.
The spirit was so strong and even they were crying at the end of the lesson.
The Bishop invited them to get baptized on Thursday, and I know that they will.
I will have to tell you more next week. We are really busy.

With lots of love,
Elder Hill




No comments:

Post a Comment