Monday, February 13, 2012

Feeling the Spirit

CHRISTOPHER'S LETTER

Dear Dad and Mom,

So, to answer your questions first. My suit is going fine, but it is going to cost a little more than I thought. It is... Ahh, I won´t describe it. I´ll just send you a picture. And no, I had no idea that there was an earthquake here. I didn´t even hear about it. And, mom, don´t worry about the violence here. It is always happening. Always, but always when we are far away or in the house. In other countries you go to sleep listening to lullabies; in Honduras, you hear the sweet soothing sounds of gunshots. Haha.

So, the setting apart was really beautiful. I really liked it. That is how I imagine you, Dad. Like a strippling warrior. It makes me feel like for 20 some odd years we were asleep. Satan didn´t want us to have a good relationship at all. Mom and Dad, would you make goals of what you would like to do as a family when I get home? Something I would like to do is Family Home Evening, visit historical sights of the church, do service together, go and work in the temple... learn about my ancestors with you so that I can tell my children. I would like that a lot.

What else... Oh, so, Wednesday Elder Martino and President Flores left to visit with us. We visited 3
families from 6:00-9:00pm. The one thing that I will say that I learned is how well Elder Martino knows Jesus Christ... And has inspired me to get to know Christ better, more personally. When he talked, he didn´t speak about Joseph Smith, about anything but the Savior. If you were there, you would be brought to tears by the spirit that accompanied us. We planned a lesson for our first appointment, and we also had "what if" plans, like, if the investigator didn´t read the assignment we left him, what would we do, etc. etc. And the interesting thing was that one of the "what if" plans, we hadn´t told to Elder Martino, nor to President. But Elder Martino taught most of the first lesson and the interesting thing is that what the spirit indicated to us to teach, he was inspired to teach as well. It was a very special experience.

Elder Martino said in one of the lessons that he had never seen Jesus Christ, but in the meeting we had
with him, he gave his testimony as a Special Witness of Christ... which makes me wonder what is a special witness. It says that an Apostle is a speical witness of the resurrected body of Jesus Christ, but a Seventy is a witness of? I don´t know.

I have to finish, but I love you all. Next week, you´ll find out where I went, what my suit looks like.
Pleeeease send the soap. Please. Please. The Soap here dries my skin and makes me itch. And I might need a little money to pay for the rest of my suit and some other things I need here. I need new socks, sandals, belt, and some other things. Sorry, but thank you.

I love you all.
Bye!

This was the most delicious tres leches I have ever eaten. It was, with all "humility", haha, my invention:
tres leches con chocolate!!!

photo of President Flores, Elder Martino and la familia that is going to get baptized this week

 I don´t know if I sent this photo, but a family we baptized gave me a painting of the countryside
and it has two misionaries tracting in a pueblo.

my companion taught me to eat watermelon (and every type of fruit) with salt, hot pepper and lemon
I always wanted to have a mexican companion
ISABELLA'S LETTER

well i dont have new pic today. one cool thing that happened is that a
while back we did and invasion and we were knocking for the elders in
san clemente and i prayed to have the spirit put words that meant
something to the people where we knocked. and there was this little
shack that i thought it looks like a junck yard but my hand was
already knocking so i waited. this old blind man named primo answered
and i started just saying that God loved us so much that he had
provided a way for our dead to be reunited with us for all eternity.
and he was so excited. he wanted to know more, i felt the spirit so
strong that i made a point to tell the elders i thought he was golden.
he is he is recieving the missionaries and the elder is sitting next
to me ordering a brail book of mormon in spanish so that this man can
gain a testimony and be saved. i love this work! i have been reading
over my diary and re writing part of it that got water damage and it
reminds me of all the lessons i have been taught be my Lord. its
beatiful. im the only soul i really have control to save. this week i
have been sick with a cold and in bed for a very long time but i hope
the president still lets me stay. Chris i dont know what i want to
know from honduras but i love to hear how people from other places
speak so maybe kids talking old people singing i  dont know. also tell
me your dreams if you have any yeah? yay! well love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment