Monday, February 27, 2012

6 Weeks and 1 1/2 Weeks!!! Time is Going Fast!

Isabella's Letter

 this last package no i have not recieved yet but the other one from xmas i think just got lost the one with the brownie mix im a tad sad bc it had a sweater. this saturday just four of the 6 were baptized which i am still very happy for the very sad thing was that they didnt come to their confirmation on sunday because of a carnaval dance festival which just totally made me feel like a crummy teacher and missionary i have to find even more patience tonight we are teaching them and i am so disappointed because i felt i made it so clear that they were promising God they would obey his commandments. then to top it off none of my 8 recent converts made it to church either for the same reason. in potosi they are very very observant to their traditions if they would have been taught the commandments like they have been taught traditions potosi would have been translated. the chapel was so empty. but gotta look on the bright side i get 6 more weeks YEAH! and im going to work hard. chris i got another letter from you :) i think its awesome you are assistant. and you have a cell and a car whoa! take care love you all hna florido

Christopher's Letter

Hi,

This week has been very, very busy. I have barely slept some days.
But it has been one of the most wonderful transfers of my mission.
We magicaly baptized a family this weekend, too. That was the best.
They are named Arnold and Diana. And they are different than your
typical Honduran. They have succesful online adevertising businesses.
Their daughters name is Natalie and they give us lots of food (and Diana
makes the best flan in all of the world!).
The funny thing is that Elder Delahunty, my companion, was assistent
the last change. He began teaching this family, I finished teaching them
And we both baptized them. I dont think we ever thought that we would
do something like that when we were in the MTC. Ha.
My companion is Elder Perez from Quequetenango, Guatemala. He likes driving fast.
One of the perks to being assistent is I will get to know all of the mission.
All of it, even the places where they dont send white people. Haha.
This month. Wow.
What a blessing.
Today, I have been thinking about some things I would like to do (that I maybe
didnt want to do before). One is I want to study in the fall in BYU, but I cant
because the deadline was a few weeks ago. So, I would like to study in the
semester after the fall semester. Would you find out about that for me please?
Secondly, I would like to get my teeth fixed. There is a place in Provo where
they do everything very naturally. I forget what it is called, but I would like to
get braces or something of the sort to straighten my teeth and make them
pretty. I have learned that your appearance is everything here. What I want
to know is if we can use your insurance, mom and dad? 
Thirdly, I want you to know that I love you and the time is going by way too fast.
I hope you know how greatful I am for helping me financially on the mission.
It has been really special. 10,000 dollars (and more) is worth the conversion to
the gospel. Haha. 
Anyway, I love you so much!
Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment