Friday, November 19, 2010

A Phone Call From my Bear!

As most of you probably already know, by father passed away two days ago.  I really really did not want to tell Chris in an email.  I have been telling him that Richard wasn't doing very well.  Anyway, I decided to call the mission office in Honduras and see if they would tell him.  An Elder answered the phone in Spanish and I just started talking English.  He instantly changed.  Such a warm and kind Elder, I am sure his mother misses him too!  So I explained what happened and could they please get a message to Chris.  He promised they would and that he would talk to the mission president as soon as he returned.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed...so hoping they would let me tell Chris.  Well anyway I called on Wednesday fairly early and by today at 4 or 5 we hadn't heard anything from him.  So I figured they would just relay the message.  We went to the funeral home to view Richard's body and make sure everything was like we would want it to be and right in the middle of it all....Christopher calls.

So so wonderful to hear his voice.  He said Mom when they told me I was a little emotional, but then I remembered that he was with Grandma Again....I felt so happy!!!  It is such a beautiful thing he said.  I had to smile because my thoughts have many times run down those very thoughts as well.  He told me I have missed Isabel for 4 months...I cannot imagine 20 years like Grandma and Grandpa have been a part.  I love, love this boy.  He sounds amazing, happy, excited, and it is amazing to me that he loves this work so very very much.  I am so grateful that he knows and that I know Families are Forever.  He ended with his best Russian accent telling me (Natasha you look beautiful in your new coat!  (his dad put him up to it of course!) Crazy kid...now I suppose Dave will mail him a picture of me in my new coat.

December is coming and I can't wait for those phone calls from the both of them.

1 comment:

  1. Jan... Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings! I am so grateful to also have the knowledge that families are forever! I am touched by Chris and his gentle heart! He is a spiritual giant! Thank you for letting us experience all of this with you. I am very sorry for your loss,.. My prayers are with you and all of your family at this time! We all love you very much:)

    ReplyDelete