Sunday, December 5, 2010

Last Monday Letters

Isabel's Letter

wow janice and dave! i am so glad that you are okay and as morbid as
it might sound i am so glad that richard has now passed our side of
the veil and is probably feeling light chipper and in love again with
grandma and is probably helping his family members to accept the
gospel in the spirit world. i am really glad. this week i have prayed
so much to just help the lord. i pray for that always where can i lift
a sad heart or help the needy. and opportunities abound.we have bumped
into a 17 yr girl who was threwing up and crying she was really drunk
my companion and i just looked at her and with out saying a word one
to another we walked up to her to offer her help her name is veronica
and she drank because she lost her mom and her grandma her only memory
of her mom is really sick and her dad sent her to live with her other
relatives instead of with her. what a heavy heart i exhorted her...
you know the way that i do. i told her that if i was sad to see her in
that pathetic state how much more saddness her hevenly father might
feel to see her when he created her. she now has a baptismal date and
two lessons. yesterday we went to visit viejita antonia and her
lightbulb had burnted out and she was wondering how she was going to
replace it with her bad leg and then we appeared and baught her
another one and replaced it she is so sweet and i am glad to minister
to my brotheren. there has been counltess chances to do service like
that and when i pray for things they come true and that is such a
blessing to have faith increase like that. thanks for putting money in
my account i ran out buying bread and milk for people, i will try to
be better at this sorry. and babichito i so am going to be involved
with missionary work till i die. i have things planned i will write
you soon i just dont have money :(

love you all take care i miss you!

Christopher's Letter

Hi Mom and Dad

Today I had a really nice ride here by taxi.  I saw lots of beautiful tropical trees, dairy cows with large horns walking by the river.
The sky is very blue, there are lots of pillow like clouds hovering like pure space craft.  And it was kind of like those times
that we would take rides with Jared.  It was really relaxing.

Right now I´m stressed and not stressed at all.  We didn´t receive money today, which is fine. I have sufficient for my needs.
My correspondance with Isabel is rather constipated.  Sometimes here we´re strangers, but I can speak Spanish!  And the
Patriarch calls us his niñetos, which is grandchild.  Haha.  I´ll have to send photos of him.  He´s amazing.  I could have sworn
that in past times, I saw his house in a dream.  His name is José Santos Torres.  He had the opportunity to meet the family
of my companion at Conference time.  How neat.  There´s also a member Hermando David Flores who is coming to Utah
for Christmas on the 9th.  He offered to take something there, but I´m not sure what to send.  Haha.  Maybe some Honduran
candy and snacks.

Oh! Mom, you can´t drink coke anymore.  My presidente prohibits it.  Haha.  So... you might want to stop!  Haha.

And... if you can put this in your thoughts and prayers for the future... I think that it would be neat for you both to consider
serving a mission together.  How neat would that be?  My parents, missionaries.  Wow.  Que bueno.

I hope that all is well.  I´m glad that you´re all alive and are enjoying the holidays.  Lots of people here like to put lights up
in their houses, even though every house here kind of looks like a a polly pocket prison.  Really pretty colors and decor, but
all have bars to keep themselves and their possesions safe.

All is well in the work.  We´re learning and progressing.  I love my companion.  ´He and the ward are my family de Honduras.

.Anyway, I love you all!  If you could also include the herbs that I have at the house (in the room upstairs I think in a box or
something), that´d be great.  But all I really want is some photos of you, the dogs and of Isabel´s parents and family of her
brother.  In all honesty.  Also!  One thing we really like to use is videos for the mision. If you want to send church dvds, that
would be SO awesome.  Or just send money, actually, because they cost like 50 cents to 4 dollars here.  That is actually
what I would like.  And also, I need a new backpack!  Lucky me.  Compras hacer (shopping to do).

Also, I get lots of compliments on my spanish.  Not to bragg, but I´m not dying here. Haha. Love you! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment