Monday, December 6, 2010

Letters from Today

Izzy's Letter

im so glad to hear from you im really missing everthing this week it hasnt helped that members have been rude to me and my investigators that im really protective of and that our mission leader in the ward is flacky and instead of counting my blessings ive let it get me down. and my comp irritates me, and im working on charity bc its me not her. but its been wonderful to hear about xmas and thanksgiving and pie! and a new truck and chris blue clouds and tropical trees. whats amazing is that the work is progressing even though i have this constant irritation. maybe im just hormonal i dont know but this saturday we had a baptism of a 19 yr old young man named luis angel oh that was great such a highlight he was golden he taught himself. and the Lord is blessing us even with my uncharitable feelings towards my comp and some ward members i wonder what would happen if i was filled with christ like love for everyone. i miss you so much you and my family and chris last week i cried every day i think i missed him so bad. but it will all work out the lord will bubble wrap my if i put my life and moods in his hands thanks for your words. i ran out of time last time like i am right now again. but i will write chris soon. thank you for your words as well. my poor comp in cali is missing me too we cant wait till 2012 and sushi and pie! but of course we can wait. te amo chris take care


love you all

Chrissy Bear's Letter

Hello,

For the last twenty minutes, I´ve been trying to send photos. I couldn´t find the cable for my camera
earlier today and so right now I was using a memory card reader. The problem is that it any of the
readers that I´ve used aren´t working so I can´t send photos today. Sorry. And I don´t have a lot of
time left to write. Thank you though for writing so much. I´m sure it´s nice to have a new truck.
I hope that you´re not paying to much for it. Haha. Tell everyone I love them.

Yesterday we watched the prophet and his counselors talk (I hope that you did too). In all honesty, I didn´t understand everything, word for word, but I felt the spirit really, really strongly. Hearing the choir made me miss you all a lot. It made me miss going to conference and walking around Salt Lake with Isabel. I miss you all a lot right now, but I am working really hard. Yesterday was probably one of the most rewarding days of
the mission. There is a family that we started teaching in October who "rejected" us, but the thing is
that they´ve wanted to stay friends. Haha. However, one of the moms of this family, Bellinda, has kept her
commitments to read and she has always loved the idea that families can live together forever, but she
comes from a very hardcore catholic family. Anyway, the event that was rewarding... Yesterday, for
the first time, she came with her two kids Luis Carlos and Cathie, to the devotional for Christmas, which
means that for the first time she visited the church AND heard the prophet speak. How wonderful it
was to see her there and know that she felt the spirit. Yesterday, she fed us before that and made me
this guava juice that I really like. Just for me. Haha. We were strangers two months ago, and now with
this family and us there is a love so big, so warm that we desire to make each other just... happy.

Also, I have a new set of parents here who gave me a backpack handmade in Guatemala (because one
of the missionaries here didn´t have one so I sold mine to him. And then I jokingly traded my other bag
that I had bought to put my scriptures in to someone else for a bag that just didn´t serve me well. So they
gifted this to me.) It´s different but everyone here really likes it a lot.  Te amo. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment