Monday, February 28, 2011

Time or not Enough Time!!!

Isabel's Letter


sorry but i have almost no time left, when you send pics could you
send them all in one email please the computers are so freaking slow
that its used up all my time and my compi couldnt enter into her
emails so my time was spent. thanks though for sending me pics im
really happy to see you and my family the girls are really big, but
gina who cut natalies bangs? joeson i thought you had gotten a counter
offer but you like me like change i bet you are excited for the move.
please send me pictures, jonathan you havent sent any of the puppies
or mechas and i bet you guys are bummed that joeson and gina left.
this month has been kinda slow ive been working but with one companion
leaving and training a new one and moving 3 times in one month it
hasnt been so productive. weve have been trying to work w members but
either the appointment fails or the member fails its frustrating but
then i thought of the sons of mosiah and ammon when the lord said go
and suffer your affliccions with patience and then i will give you
success it was funny but for the first ti me in my life i get faith,
its an action its easy to do whats right when everything goes right
faith is enduring against all odds like when Nephi was tied up in the
boat he built he kept praying and never murmured. the mission field i
testify helps more the missionary than the investigators. chris thanks
for writing me im sad that i havent recieved your letters but what you
said made all the diff.

les amo ciao


Chris'Letter
Hiiii!!!

Look, like Isabel I don´t have a lot of time, but I love you all.
Why? Because... I only have .50 cents. Haha. 10 limps.
We were supposed to get money, but we didn´t! One of the
joys of the mission.  This week we had one baptism, and
we have 4 people that are going to baptize and we´re working
with 2 really, really, really good families.  I hope they feel the
spirit.  I really reccommend reading Our Search for Happiness.
Elder Ballard is really eloquent.  It´s one of my favorite books
that I´ve ever read, but if I wasn´t a missionary, I think I would
other than appreciate it.  So, I want you all to read it and start
inviting people to church.  Because it´s easy.  Don´t bragg and
don´t get super animated.  Just... ask people if they´d like to
come to church or if they´ll read the book of mormon or liahona.
I prrrrromise you´ll have success and make a lot of people happy. 
I also can´t wait to be Wrd Mission Leader (I mean, if that´s what god wants).
I love you Mom and Dad.

Sincerely, Elder Hill

....

Haha. My companion just told me that he´d give me money...
So, I have time.  A few of the things I miss: cream from a farm,
cherries (they don´t exist here, for real), hot springs and cold
springs and the woods. 

Things that you don´t find there: GIGANTIC MANGOS.  GIGANTIC.
3 pounds per mango.  And they´re sooooooooooooooooooo delicious.
SO SO SO SO SO SO delicious.  Also, trees of coconuts on every corner.
Lemons the size of grapefruit.  No, really.  Cacao fruit for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment