Monday, March 7, 2011

Growing Up in La Flor del Campo and Carnaval in Sucre!!!

Christopher's Letter
Hola!
I want you to all know that I am very happy, but it doesn´t change how much that I miss Isabel. I´m truly incomplete without her and I hope that she gets my cards... Today I´m just sending some photos of that I took in the last week and one with the family with Belinda. I hope that I can go back to Monterrey and help them. I think in this change I´ve... changed a lot. Matured. We´ve taught a lot of kids and I feel like a dad. It´s interesting, but I love where I am. It´s dangerous and dirty and full of people. A human representation of an ant hill. I have 1 minute left. I love you all so much.

Sincerely, Elder Hill

A Picture Taken Today!
Chris' Zone
Ooh La La!!!
Belinda's Family In Monterrey.  He is very attached to this family!!!

Isabella's Letter

hola familia david disfrute mucho tu email en español me alegra que estes escribiendo en español it made me happy and i really do know what you mean about and english testimony and a spanish one the words change so the feelings differ slightly. mami tengo miendo por lo de mi diente, pero me dijeron que me lo devia sacar y si esta infectado un poco pero los medicos aca no usan guantes,im scared for my tooth, the dentist said i should have it taken out but doctors here are really hygienically challenged they never use gloves and they scare the crap out of me. i had a blood test done the other day it was a total joke, i keep having these bouts of dierriah but i learned a home remedy, toasted flour and sugar water 3 tablespoons of that and your good. so i keep holding off on the tooth but its getting infected so im going to have to take it out :( joeson, and gina hows the new home? send me pictures. i love you so much all of you i am so glad to have you for a family i was thinking about that last night, im truly grateful. we met this guy on the street yesterday and he has suicidal thoughts i felt strongly that he was indeed praying for god to show himself and there we appeared but he didnt see that i told him he needed to forget himself and do service for others he kept arguing and a scripture came to mind d&c 59:21 it was great he said he would see us again tuesday. right now its been crazy in sucre,sucre is a city of college students and when they celebrate carnaval they go nuts right now the streets are filled with booze men that are way drunk cholitas that have their babies on there backs who are also drinking and guys peeing in the corners and everyone everyone getting everyone wet with buckets and balloons and buses get stuck b/c of the dancing in the streets its horrible this sunday we only had 2 peeps in church and many went to the "country" this is what i found out this week the farmers here who are mostly indians have this custom of sunday of temptation where the cholitas dance to tempt men and the guys steal them and if they are gone for one night from their families home she must get married with the guy who stole her its called rumintakay which in quechua means push rock they push the girl the "rock" crazy huh sounds like when the priests of king noah stole the daughters of the lamanites.


the coop sounds so fun! i dream of that please look into it janice

hna florido

Hermana Palma (Isabella's New Comp)

No comments:

Post a Comment