Monday, March 28, 2011

Robbing and Rollercoasters!!!

Christopher's Letter

He entitled it :  Home Sweet Home
I don´t know why I said that, but I did. Isabel, I love you. I´ll pray for your ex-comp. I love you so much.
The only advice that I have is make sure that you obey all of the rules and commandments of the mission. You will be highly blessed. Faith in Christ is what leads someone to KNOW and OBEY all of the commandments. And I promise you´ll have less stress and find more people, because I did the same thing. I love you and miss you. I got your letters and it was the best ever. You´re so thin,too! And beautiful. Te amo.

So, yesterday, I got robbed. Which was just my watch and I don´t have money to buy another one.
We had two baptisms and they were awesome. The work is good. I want to lose weight! But all is well. I have to write my letter to the Presidente again. I love you, Mom and Dad. The next week I´ll write more. Don´t worry about me getting robbed. It happens to all the Elders almost. I love you all so much and miss you.
Love,
Elder Hill

Isabella's Letter
im sorry but i will say it again mail takes forever but it will come and that it takes longer to get to me because it goes through three places first the mission home then the mission office then the zone leaders then finally after usually a good month to me, on top of that know that sometimes i dont have money and that delays my letters to you all, and on top of that realize that i have limited time to use the internet to tell you what went on this week for me and if in all reality its not fair to write 7 sentence emails to 8 people i would rather write one email im sorry you dont feel its personal but its what i can do. (you know who im talking to)

this week i would say sucked but then that would be murmuring and it wouldnt be fair because the lord sent many people to help , aide and love us through it. so i say its been a rollercoaster, first i have worked really hard and for 3 weeks straight we have only found 7 new investigators each week and this week only five. secondly my zone leader let us know on thursday that i was leaving sucre for cochabamba this transfer and my companion had a meltdown she started to cry saying im not ready what im i going to do with out you im not cut out for this i cant do this with out you please dont leave etc i did my best to console her but she started to say that her chest hurt then on friday gimena, rosmeri and maria say we want to get baptized but we wont do it if our mother disaproves well their mother said i dont disasprove but im not going to your baptism and it really pissed me off but there wasnt anything i would do so i cried and prayed and murmured and repented and acepted the lords will but my companion kept saying my heart is tight, i said you know its hard but its just not their time but lets take them to see a baptism to keep their hopes up inspite of their mom. so we did when we get to the hill sica sica to drop the girls off my companion turns red and said i cant do this anymore and starts to cry i said what cant you do? she says i cant feel my left arm and my heart hurts and keeps crying so i say lets go to the bottom of the hill and find a phone its 8:45and then i find i phone i say sit here dont move im calling she keeps crying and says things like im fine really lets go home dont call anyone. i say your crazy im calling the elder says go home and ill stop by to take her to the hospital so i have a chance to get money i say okay i go back to my companion and shes unconcious and green and cold and i check her pulse and i cant feel it i smack her she doesnt respond and then i check her eyes they dont constrict i freaked i said my companion is dead i lay her down and in tears call our mision leader and zone leader and i cant stop crying i see the lights of the car of our mision leader and i start to scream and jump so he sees me and i yell for men to help me carry her and this cholita says clam down calm down lets give her a smell of alcohol she comes back caughing but not responding to her name and its like she cant see me we take her to one hospital then another they dont know what do do with her they inject her with everything she comes in and out of reality and says i love you dont leave me sing to me. so i sing nearer to thee after this happens for what seems like for ever and 12:30 am she starts to talk again but doesnt remember anything the only thing she remembers is when she felt something warm on her forehead that as she says gave her back air it was our zone leader who blessed her on her forehead and not on her crown. yesterday she has 4 peaks of fever and dizziness so instead of going to cohcabamba wed im leaving today and i could say goodbye to all the wonderful people i have served and come to love for the past 5 months and it makes me sad im tired and i still havent packed i leave at 2 pm. im stressed i dont know what the lord is preaparing me for but im sure it has something to do with hight volumes of stress bc i have been taught over and over it life to deal with it but sometimes i explode i think that is what im learing now. i love you all and i did get one letter this and last week and they were both from chris. i love you honey yesterday i needed you but i overcame alone but it would have been nice as it always has been to overcome it together. please pray for my companion that she might find good doctors her name is mitzy palma
les amo


Then in the mail this afternoon we received this from Christopher.  It is mostly for Mom and Dad, but we decided to share it and if any of you out there are struggling with your kids and wondering if they will make it...never lose hope and never quit loving them.  Miracles happen!!! Chris shares his testimony here and so I felt it appropriate to share.  Please pray for them and for all the missionaries...for their safety and success!!!  Love  - The Mom In Roy


1 comment:

  1. Janice ... Thanks for sharing their letters but especially thanks for sharing this touching letter from Chris... It really touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete