Monday, October 10, 2011

Baptisms in Cala Cala and The End of Siguatepeca!

Isabella's Letter

hello everyone, this transfer is coming to and end already! this month we have two boys with a baptismal date, and they are so different but find common ground in the gospel, we had one lady come yesterday by herself to church because a member gave her the address and his testimony that the gospel changes lives her name is olivia and she has loved everything she wants to go to all the activities and she asked me when she could get baptised. i said oct 29 she didnt even flinch she said well if you can get me ready. and two sisters that are blind also came and they listened intensely. about the book of mormon and loved the church they felt very welcomed. it was funny because we woke up early and split up our companionship of 3 and the sisters who came to help us were late and we went to the various houses of our investigators and many had forgotten or couldn't come but still we had the blessing of 8 people there in sacrament who werent planned just show up. its great how the Lord blesses your efforts. i am feeling good here in cala cala and i love my investigators, one who i felt was progressing but very slowly, shocked me with all of his participation in gospel principles class his testimony is growing and so is  my faith that we will be able to see his baptism. Chris you sound good too and i know that where ever they send you, you´ll be the key to bettering that area. 

love hna florido



Christopher's Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

This is my second to last day in Siguatepeque.  Ha!  Me voy!
I have noticed that I am really happy to leave and even though
I could have done better in many ways, I feel that the Lord is
grateful for my work.  It is a really interesting sensation... that
the Lord thanks you.  Haha.  We're so small, and yet I feel
gratitud from him.  It is like one of those moments when it
is really cold outside and you say precisely,"It is really cold
outside.."  And within seconds shines the light and warmth
sun upon you from out of the clouds... 

I am really, really, really happy.  I have been working on
purifying my heart and being who I am.  This has been the
challenge of my life: to be Me, from my heart, without
social walls.  It is a challenge, which is easily forgotten
like being conscious of breathing.  I have to consciously
change how I think, the source of my words and expressions.
I am constantly thinking before I say and I hope to succed
in this great feat, to defeat the walls that sorround me and to
submit myself to the will of God and the heart of a young
spirit. 

My patriarch blessing says to me:"as you serve your mission,
learn to do it with humility and a quiet spirit, and you will
know of: 1) who you are and; 2) what you and your Father
in Heaven have agreed to accomplish."

We know from the book of Jermiah 1:5, that God knew
Jermiah before he was born and we therefore can assume,
along with the study of other scriptures (Proverbs 8 and
Job 37), that we lived too with God.  My desire to know
who I am, in other words, who I was.  I want to be 100%
Me by getting rid of the programming of false doctrines
of the world.

Also, I am learning that the Word of Wisdom is a perfect
law of health.  I have taken a fascination to eating whole
wheat panckaes and brown rice with vegetables. "El grano se ha dispuesto
para el uso del hombre."  (I don't remember how it is said
in English.  Haha.)  And what I have found is that I have
lots of energy and have less of a need to eat.  It is really
fascinating.  Whole Grains, Fruits and Vegetables.  I
like eating meat, but not too much.  I wake up feeling
drugged if I eat from 5 and forward. I invite you all to
try to improve your obedience to all of the laws of God,
avoiding the bad and, even more so, focusing on the good.
And doing it.   I know that you will be able to find treasures
of wisdom.

...Another thing.  I don't have much money.  The other day
a lot of money fell out of my pocket.  I don't want to ask, but
I kind of have to.  If you could help me out, will you please? 
I promise you that I am learning how to manage my budget
and how to sacrifice, and not act on impulse.  Thank you so much.
The mission has taught me so many things and I am still learning.


I love you all so much.  Dad!  Happy Birthday! I love you so much.
How is the reading of Doctrine and Convenants going? If you could
send me photos of the dogs that would be neat.  Do you guys know
someone that you could present the Gospel to?  All you need to do
is invite them over for Family Home Evening, be their friends, and
then invite them to activities in the church, then invite them to attend
church and then!  The Missionaries!  Yaaaay!!!  The key to conversion
is Fellowshiping, being their friend, being an example of the Believers.
I have seen great miracles because of Fellowshipping.  We need
to be more social as persons and be friends with everyone.  I promise
that you can help and baptize a family.  Pray and God will help you
find the chosen ones.  "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall
be unto you...  For such is the Kingdom of Heaven."

With lots of love and gratitud,
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment