Monday, October 31, 2011

Transfer to Potosi

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Here is Isabel's letter. We did not receive one from Christopher....note Mom's sad face here.....

FROM ISABEL

on tues my com hna condori had called everyone in the ward that meant something to me and all of our investigators it was very emotional and special to hear people thank me for things that i didnt think anything of or investigators who i thought didt fully understand what i taught them tell me in detail what i taught them and see them cry over my departure on wed i went to go pick up my comp and the assistants let me know that i needed to go to the hospital to pick her up there bc she under went  surgery for a stone she had and she spent the rest of the time healing i went to the hospital with all my bags and they told me there was no room for me and i had asked the elder to call and verify if there was room for me and usually i would have gotten irritated but now i truly laughed. and my comp condori was like whats funny! i said all of this its like wierd things  placed on your plate to see if you can handle it and the combination of things on my plate is hilarious and its going to be interesting if i can stomach it. i think i can. they told my companion that she needs 2 months of resting and low level excersice so that everything heals and i have 4 months left in the mish so thats going to be interesting. but whats the best is that cala cala just totally humbled me and now i laugh when things go wrong like when the elders told me that they didnt know where my comps bags were and they were one in the office and the other in the temple and i just laughed or when they couldnt reimburse me 277 boilivanos bc i lost my receipts i just laughed so hard and then asked them to do me a favor this time bc i needed the money and they did they approved the reimbursement. they said i had typhoid fever and thats why i had all the diarrhea but after taking medicine i was allergic to i am all better again. i got the package muchas gracias for the gray shirt, so you couldnt find the cardigan? gracias for the pads that makes things easier. i could use some pictures and maybe that brownie i begged for a while back but then again i will be coming home soon. potosi is so great! the rocks are just enough to make max factor beauticians jealous they come in all shades and shimmers and the poeple have this chinese look to them and they say the soil is so rich that they have a potatoe  fair of over 200 potatoes and that the water has so much minerals that your hair grows twice as fast here. well thats all and we dont celebrate halloween instead its called todos santos were they pray for salvations of their dead. also i think i want to learn quechua this time around and i think i might with all the reasting that we are going to have to do.

Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment