Monday, November 7, 2011

I Let The Game Come to Me, Wedding & Baptisms!

Isabella's Letter

i had the game come to me! what a blessing
so this week has been very special. and i have a ton of pictures already but! it has virus still and i dont know how to fix it. but today i will work on it. potosi! its supposedly summer but its way cold and it snows lightly its so fun. the one thing is that my pressure drops way to rapidly and it feels like you have been in a roller coaster that left you woozy. we are exactly 4850 meters above sea level. i know thats why my prayers are better heard jk ha ha but we have still worked whats amazing is that my comp has felt bad physically so we have had to rest a lot this week but we still found many many new people and she was like here people are catholic they wont let you in, she said trust me dont get hurt over it its normal but we had no troubles getting in and finding families and WOW talk about your efforts being rewarded, i remember cala cala just about broke me everyone so rich and occupied with no time for Christ except for the ones God had prepared but it was like finding water in a desert. but here all that perssitance paid off. janice thanks for sending me that picture of joeson so funny am glad they are having fun. its nice to see them happy. oh and i did just get the other package and i love the gray cardigan and its coming way in handy but dont send me anything really just a letter with pictures :) i love hearing from you guys i have pictures of birds for granpa finch again. i have this fear that my bags will be over weight when i come home so yeah. people just give you stuff and its wat dear to me i dont care how but im bringing it. oh also they dont know what halloween is really except that its something they see on the movies, people ask me that all the time is the US really like the movies? anyway here they celebrate todos santos whats interesting is that here in latin america and in many other place of the world people celebrate similar things. as humans we have aneed to mourn and oversee the safety of our ancestors souls. what they do here is that they dress all in black for mourning and the first day they mourn the ¨angels¨ meaning the kids that died the next day the grown ups so they build an alter and put things by the picture of the dead things they liked chicken candy beer anything they liked then they pray and whoever comes to pray gets masitas those are little pastries made of either orange flavor or caramel or coconut. then the 3rd day they go to the tombs and the cemetery but things get kinda scary because everyone is drunk. so we dressed all in black and told them of the plan of salvation and temple work and how to pray with real intent, it was a good experience and i promise pictures.
 
(just a side note:  Isabel was so concerned in her last letter about having a companion who was sick again and not being able to do what she would like to do in missionary work.  Dave wrote to her about how a missionary experience was just brought to him and how like Karl Malone used to say, "Sometimes you have to let the game come to you!"  Hence the reason Isabel titled her letter this way.  Way to go Papi in Roy for giving great advice to your future daughter in law! :) )
 
Christopher's Letter
 
I don´t have much time! I am sorry.
Here are photos from a wedding and
a baptism that my companion and I
had. I´ll send you the story on it!
I love you all so much.

Adios!.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment