Monday, October 24, 2011

Potosi & Letters to Mom & Dad (we choose to share them)

From Isabella

so im leaving cala cala part of me is like yupi!!!! the other part of me is going to miss all of the families that i loved and loved me. and my investigators, i have 4 months left and there are some that i dont know if i will ever get to see again. so many live in the top or the hill and they dont have any phone numbers or street names or email so it fills me with this feeling of nostalgia. like what will be of jorgito in 15 years? i dont know it makes me sad. there were two places that i wanted to go tarija they say the nicest people of bolivia are there and everyone listens and its clean and beautiful and then there was potosi they say its higher up than la paz like 4500 in altitude and i like a challenge. so i prayed i want to go to the indians the hills because i only have 4 months and where ever they send me im probably going to die there unless they send me my last 6 weeks to tarija...i like the idea of that, and i got my wish POTOSI whats frightening is that they also say that potosi is the apostasy of the mish where they act out because the president is so far away so i dont know, but its a change and i like change. i hope to serve a mish with chris here in bolivia in the future i hope that they still let the church in becuase sometimes the relationship between countries in rocky. and chris is white. :) i love bolivia and i hope to get money for christmas hint hint ;) because i want to bring home cookbooks and souviniers. Bolivia runs through my veins and its going to hurt when i have to say goodbye i speak like them now, i expect the same things like them, i eat like them, i have some of their same instintcs, thats going to be another change of mixed emotions. i still havent gotten my package but i look forward to it. also i think that well i dreamnt that i was picking fruit and drying it and covering it with chocolate and selling it so i would like to look into having a small business of seasonal goodies i have to go i love you all very much Chris te amo! ciao






From Christopher

To Mom:
I love you, mom. I don´t know if the ties have arrived, but I know that they will
be here shortly. I don´t have a lot of time to write. I have to write three reports
and it takes a little more time. I love you so much and I am very humbled by
the service that you are doing for the Lord in paying for my mission. It truly
is a sacrifice. I hope that you can experience the joy of bringing someone
to Christ. There is a scripture in 2 Nefi 32: 3;5 that says: "Delight in the words
of Christ; becaause, wherefore, the words of Christ will tell you all the things that
you should do.... Because wherefore, I tell you again, that if you enter the way
and receive the Holy Ghost, he will show you ALL the things that you should do."

I love the scriptures and they are my best friend. The Book of Mormon is
the best book that there is know by man. It will truly help you in your work,
in your relationships and in all aspects of your life. I love you so much. And
you were never the cause of anything that happened as a child. Don´t ever
worry. The atonement of Christ is perfect for all persons and all problems.

With love,
Elder Hill   
 
To Dad:
 
I love you a lot. And I think I miss you more than anyone. I beg that the Lord
will give us more time to mend the hard times that we had... O mejor dicho:

Te amo mucho y creo que me hace falta más que los demás. Ruego que
el Señor nos dé más tiempo para arreglar los tiempos difíciles que pasamos.
Yo también me encanta el español y deseo servir en la iglesi siempre. Mejor
sería que moririemos si no hubiéramos conocido la iglesia. Quizás un día
otra vez jugaremos baloncesto. ¿Qué tal te parece? Estoy feliz que te has
metido en el servicio de Dios.

Tengo otras ovejas que tengo que atender. Te amo mucho.

Estoy agradecido ser tu hijo.

Con mucho amor,
tu hijo,
Elder Hill

Here is the translation for you as well...

I love you much and believe that I miss you more than others. I pray/petition/entreat that tthe Lord will give us more time together to fix the difficult times that we had. I also delight the Spanish and desire to serve in the Church. Maybe one day we can play basketball again. What do you think? I'm happy you have placed youself in the service of God.

I have other sheep that i have to tend to. I love you much.

I'm thankful to be your son.

with much love
your son
Elder Hill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment