Monday, March 19, 2012

8 Days till She Dies! and Time is moving Fast!!

Isabella's Last Letter


i will be home in 8 days! i was so nervous when i got the news that i threw up in my mouth a little and the rest of the days after Ive had a loose stomach but now I'm getting excited, here in the mission field we call the end of our mission dying some make jokes like, how many days do you have left? 8! wow no wonder you smell or no wonder the flies are buzzing and the elders here seem to know me enough NOT to make those comments because i might just start tearing up. i have loved my mission, there have been very difficult times but wonderful times and through both of those experiences the sweet and the bitter i have learned how much the Lord has love and patience with me. when i teach someone with love or when they need a loving rebuke, when they fall down and then get up again, when they finally understand the commandment and repent and humbly obey, and all the times i have lived those same things in my life i just am brought to a deeper understanding of why a mission is the best opportunity to know the Savior and obtain a tiny glimpse of how He rejoices and struggles with me too. i am so grateful for my mission. and i am grateful for the opportunity i had to make a small difference amongst the children of God and my brothers here in Bolivia. because if them i love this land, their particular way of living and i hold dear to my heart all the experiences the Lord has granted me here. when i get home there will be a lot of adjusting and there are probably things i will wish i would have done better but i know that the mission has trained me for the rest of my mortal life and also the here after. i pray the Lord to keep me faithful to my covenants and make of me a better disciple of Christ and someone worthy of the celestial kingdom. i am so grateful that i was allowed to stay 30 or so days more. i have planted seeds of the gospel during these days and have also baptized. i am not going to lie i wanted to spend one more general conference here in the mission field there is nothing better than taking investigators and having them look spiritually nourished and satisfied by the talks of the 12 apostles and the living prophet, but am now getting excited to see them myself in person i know i will receive instruction regarding my life. i love you and i will be home soon!

I love love this girl and cannot wait for her arrival!  She arrives at the SLC airport on March 27th at 11:40 pm.  Please join us in welcoming her home!!!  I got to talk to her this past Friday (twice)!  It was wonderful and I cannot wait to here her stories, adventures, and share with her how proud we are of all she has done in serving the Lord and Returning With Honor!

Christopher's Letter
4 Months to Go!!!
Hi mom and dad,

I am feeling very strange today. Things are all happening so fast.
There lies only a week and a half left in this change, which could
mean having another companion and supposedly 30% of the mission
is changing. But the last time, I believe 90% of the mission was
reorganized. Also, Isable is going home next week. March is almost
over and I will only have four months to work. How do you all feel
about it? Haha. I imagine that you feel quite happy. After so much time,
it will be nice to see each other. Hey! I also didn´t know that you were going to change the carpet. That is wonderful.

I want to tell you about a family that is going to get baptized the
next week. They are the Shrum Turcios Family. The father
is Bill Shrum, who is 70 years old, from Maryland and he never
liked going to church
...any church, that is, because he had some bad experiences
when he was younger. For many years he rejected any kind
of missionary, but now he received us. A month and a half ago
he began attending church with his wife, Francisca, who is
Honduran, and with his granddaughter, Suani, who is 13 years old.
They all love the church and love understanding the doctrine.
Francisca is catholic and it is hard for her to leave her religion.
They both have felt the spirit and tell us sincerely that they love us.
It is very special to teach in English and Spanish at the same
time. Bill has diabetes and poor vision, but strives to read the Book
of Mormon (in small print) even for five minutes a day. And his
wife is beginning to read, too, even though it is something hard
to understand. Their faith is beautiful. And I love them very
much. One interesting detail is that their house is a block from
where the temple is (I think I told you, but our area is the surroundings of the temple. : ) ). So, they will be able to walk to the temple a year after their baptism and also the chapel
is on the same grounds as the temple. How special it is to be
able to teach around the temple. I love it very much.
I miss very much your hugs. There is nothing like being held
and holding someone, were you feel so comfortable that you
could maybe fall asleep.
I love you, mom and dad. Thank you for everything.
I haven't given the money to him yet, but I will do that.
And I will give the letter to him as well. Also, Elder
Petersen is the general secretary. If you want, I will
take the picture and send it to you on Monday.

...

Te amo. Que disfrutes los abrazos de tus padres y
tus hermanos y tus amigos. A ti sabes que te abrazo de
lejos también. Sé que va a estar muy gozosa. Sigo
trabajando. ¿Cuentas los días todavía? No sé cuantas
son, pero recuerdo cuando eran más que 700... ¿Te acuerdas
de lo nos decíamos en ese entonces? Recuerdas como
se sentía cuando pensábamos en 2 años o 700 y algunas días?
A veces se sentían pesadas... Jaja. Hemos hecho los cambios
y tú hablas como Sur Americano y yo como Centro Americano.
Como los escucho, suenan como pirates. Jaja. Pero, no sé
cómo se suenan ahí... como índios? Espanchua o Que-spañol.

En Kiché, de Guatemala, cómo está se dice:
"¿la uts a wach?"
"uts." (...quiere decir bien.)
Tal vez podemos viajar un día a los pueblos del
mundo y prestar servicio médico y aprender
las idiomas que nadie sepa... y aprender a decir
te amo en lenguas indigenas.
Bueno, pues.
Te amo y ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment