Monday, March 12, 2012

Responsibilities: To Love, To Serve, To Teach, To Listen!!!

Isabella's Letter
hi i did get my packages i just wrote too much to my president it has been a really good week we taught a lot of lessons and got in contact with the father of some kids we were teaching and we couldnt get a hold of him bc he is a truck driver. it went really well. and the family got confirmed. im sorry that i didnt write last time my parents had many questions for me. also i love the shoes so much so much that i dont want to use them. and my companion wants to buy the cardigan from me but i cant its too nice its going to be part of my interview wardrobe i have so much to say i met a deaf dad and his son is a member and ahh there is no time but janice i am so taking a sign language course the deaf need the gospel too. i love you write more next time. chris i love you. i hope that god keeps you safe

Christopher's Letter
Hi mom and dad,

Being with President Flores in the last few weeks has been an incredible
learning experience. I get to see him interact with his children and wife.
I don´t know if I wrote about this the last week. I feel like I am having
dejavĂș. His wife got sick a few weeks ago with gall bladder stones and
had to have surgery. We were asked to pick his kids up from their house
in the truck and take them to the hospital. And I saw how he is in his home.
It is hard to express all the things I learn, but it is truly beautiful. I am
learning to be strong, to be myself always and to always always always
ask God before doing things, which I didn´t alwasy do before. We always
pray, but this is a level of asking revelation from God always. What does
he want?

President Flores gave me an assignment: that I will do an exchange with
one of the groups of zone leaders for a week long, but I will have to pray
to find out which of them the Lord wants me to be with. He said,"Elder Hill,
Sadly you won´t have the opportunity to be a Zone Leader in the Mission
And so I want you to go and do an interchange with one of the zone lideres
for a week to gain experience and find out how you can help." So, we´re going
to do just that. I found out that I am going to be the assistent to the President
until I finish my mission, which is interesting. I will receive the new Mission President and there is a lot of work in the future.

This week we had a baptism and completed a family. It was really beautiful the
baptism.

I got my package. I wrote you a letter by hand about how much I loved it.
Thank you.

I hope you know and feel that I love you. Thank you for paying for our missions.
I will pay it back to you... but not in money, but you will have to wait until after
the mission. Ha.

I love you.

Chris.
....

I love you, too.

Manuel a recent baptism and a family complete!
A Missionary was sick and they had to spend from 12 to 4 in the morning at the hospital!

The first Mango of the season!  Chris says, "Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment