Monday, April 23, 2012

A Letter To Isabel & TRAVEL PLANS!!!

To Isabel From Chris

I agree. Girls would be better assistants... But girls don´t have muscles, so they are not allowed to be assistants. Haha. I´m just kidding. My companion is okay. He has a lot of challenges with pride and it is trying to work it out. He doesn´t open up very much about his life. I know that his dad has diabetes and kidney failure, like mine. My health is good. I weigh about 180 more or less right now and don´t get sick. I eat lots of cacao here. Haha. It and the Lord keep me healthy. Once when we were in that store... Oh man, I forgot what it´s called. What is the store called where we used to go "window shopping"... that is in Riverdale? TJ Maxx? I think that´s it. Haha. My mind has atrophe. Anyway, when we were there once I saw a coffee cup that said,"There is nothing that prayer and chocolate can´t fix."

How is your health? And I´m sure you feel like a fish out of water. Haha. But that´s okay. Change is important, right? Speaking of change, what are you eating these days?

I have a question for you. What changes have you noticed in me in these 21 months? I want you to know that I am not worried about what happens after the mission. I truly trust in the Lord and I know everything will be okay. I have thought about going to a Spanish branch when I get home, but I feel like I need to learn to teach the gospel in English. In other words, I understand how you feel con lo de enseñar en español. What do you think about that? This week I, for the first time, taught a Sunday School class in English and it was really difficult. We have an investigador and several members who are working on the temple who speak English and the Bishop assigned me to be the teacher temporarily. The Spirit was really strong though with us, a group of 6 persons. The lesson was on Mosiah 1-3, which I hadn´t prepared, many had shared their testimony and the spirit filled us all.

So what does the BYU visitors program consist of?

Oh! To answer your question, I get home on August 2 at like midnight or something.

Sincerely,
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment