Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Happy Birthday, mom!

How are you? I am fine. Look. You might kill me because I forgot my camera. And so did my companion. I am really sorry. Do you know what I miss? Going to get a drink with you. Do you remember the "let´s go get a drink" days? I do. But I think it would be better to kick the soda drinking habit.

Those let´s get a drink moments were actually really important moments when you taught me, did you know that? Once we were driving and as we passed the church, I was talking to you about what I wanted to do in life or something (I don´t remember exactly what) and you said to me,"You will accomplish nothing in your life without Jesus Christ in your life." And that phrase haunted me as a teenager... Because it is true. And it made me think and wonder.
 Another time I was somewhat troubled about problems in the world or something, and I remember you bought me a doctor pepper and you asked me if I knew if the church was true. And I felt the spirit and felt uncomfortable. And I knew it was true. Even to the point of a swollen throat and tears I was at. I knew it. But I could´t come to terms with the reality of His love.

You have always been an example in testifying of Jesus Christ and the church. And because of those moments, you will be more than blessed in the world to come. The Spirit has marked them in my mind and I will always remember your testimony of Him. Thank you so much for that. 72 days.

I love you so much.
Happy Birthday
And Happy Mother´s Day.
Elder Hill

1 comment:

  1. oh how sweet! It brought tears to my eyes! Janice, You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete