Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Letter To Dad!

Dave Received this on Friday Night.
Dear Dad,

Thank you for writing about your mission. It makes me feel good knowing about your mission.
It is something I need to hear and really want to hear more. I would rather listen to you talk about
your mission than to tell you about mine. I´ll learn a lot. I would love it if you would write more
stories down. I have never heard them before, but would love to bind a small book about your
experiences, and with yours, maybe I could combine mine. Maybe those of Ted and Grandpa
we could make a book for them, now that they have served missions. It would be a fun
genealogy project to do.
I don´t know what I was doing with all my life in my teenage years. It was a very difficult time.
I would love with all my heart to go on the same father son activities that we would have gone on, and do Family Home Evenings, do visiting home teaching. I would even love to work on your mustang with you. :)

Today at 6:00 we are going to have the baptism of a family, la familia Enriques Sosa. A member,
Linda Raudales, who just moved to Utah to study in BYU, presented us to her friend Dalis Sosa.
When we arrived at her house we said,"Hey, is your husband here?" ... Because we always have
to have someone of the same sex present, right? And she said,"No, he´s not here (in her mom´s
house, where we were at.) He´s in our house."

And we were really bummed out because we expected to teach a family of a father and a mother.
But then she said,"hey, but we can go to my house. I live right around the corner." Which made
us really happy. She had received the missionaries before, right? But her husband never listened
to the missionaries. This time when we arrived at their house, he accepted our visit. And they
both changed their life and have shared with us things like now they don´t get angry with one another.

Armando, the husband with tears in his eyes, yesterday, after his baptismal interview said,"I feel like, in that room, with that missionary, I just took a load off of my shoulders... I feel so light. I want this change to be permanent."

I have learned that we can impact the life of a person through Christ, even in 5 minutes or one visit or over the course of one month. The secret, I have learned, is the testimony of a person. My testimony. My repentance. My baptism. My spiritual experiences. When we share them with others, it will change them. Like anyone that might have been with Christ in person at one point or another, was changed. I invite you to teach someone with your testimony.

I love you a lot.
I respect you as the Patriarch of our family.

Sincerely,
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment