Monday, July 30, 2012

The Last Letter: HOME!

Dear Mom and Dad,

It´s so wonderful to know that I am coming home. I love you so much.
It will be great to see you. Two years I completed on Saturday, and
I remembered the day that you dropped me off in the MTC. The many
tears come to my mind, and the courage to walk away from you all and not
look back, which has been a constant theme in my mission: Love God
over all people and all things. I have learned to do (and am still learning)
how to do what He wants and not what I want. In the last week, it has been
a battle to balance all of my responsabilities, asignments, etc., and the idea
of coming home. More than anything, I want to return home with the same
missionary spirit with which the Lord has blessed me.

I have also gained weight this month, too. I expected to lose weight, but
in stead of losing, I have fattened up for the slaughter. In Honduras,
when you say,"I´m fat" or "he/she is fat", some people respond,"You´re
not fat, you´re beeaaauuuutiful." Beautiful is Fat... In Honduras. So I´m
coming home a litte more beautiful.

Maybe, quite possibly, if at all possible, we will have a baptism tomorrow.
Nevertheless, I will have to wait until tonight to find out. Cross your fingers
for good luck! Or bet yet... Pray!

Thank you, Mom, for getting my high school transcripts and, Dad, for the
information on the job. Isabel wrote me and said that her parents are going
to give me a parrot that´s name is feathers and likes to eat chocolate. I hope
it doesn´t annoy you. Supposedly, they are going to visit us on Friday.

See you on Thursday! I love you.

So this is the last letter!  I will miss these letters from both Christopher and Isabel.  It has been adventure and I awaited each letter with anxiousness and excitement.  My Mondays shall become very dull.....and did you know just a little more than 2 days.  Pictures of the Airport to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment