Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Phone Calls and Monday Letters and Photos!!!

Mother's Day Phone Calls
Yesterday morning very early we three way called Chris and Isabel again, just like on Christmas!!!  They sound wonderful and this time not even the least homesick.  Isabel is so ready to have a constant companion, the last couple of hers have gone home with health related issues and Chris thinks he is in Paradise.  It was fun to hear them converse, flipping back from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.  We talked about how fast time is moving for them right now as Isabel is half way done and in a couple of months Chris will be as well.  I think they both feel a little anxious about that right now.  I will ask again for everyone to pray for them...for their Safety, for their Health, for their ability to find those they were sent there to find and be able to teach them, and that they will have all the blessings our Father in Heaven sees that they need.  If nothing, these missions have taught this Mom to relinquish my kids to the Lord's hands!  At times Chris has been in some extremely unsafe situations and Isabel been very sick, but the Lord has taken care of them, he has protected and healed them.  I could not have done more or asked for more.  May the Lord keep them in the Hallow of His Hand and when the time is right bring them home safely to us and to each other. So here are the Monday Letters and Photos!!!

Isabella's Letter and Photos
hola so yesterday i spoke with my family that was great so great. it didnt make me home sick since they gave me good advice and told me to keep working only to please the lord. and even though i invited 9 families yesterday they had already said they would go and i promised them blessings and testified but when i picked them up, none came i am still okay because i pleased the lord i did all that i should have and could have and i know that even though bolivians are hard i wont be to blame. i cut my hair today. turned out okay. we had a finding activity we set a table and just started preaching and contacting and seeking the children of God it was fun rewarding and surprisingly easy i dont fear people anymore i know the gospel is true i could lay down my life for it and so when people answer the door and say no o shut the door or yell or mess with me and pretend to be possessed (because it has happened and i do have an appointment with that guy) it doesnt intimidate me at all before my mission i would be afraid but i knew i should do it anyway so i would out of diligence and obedience now i share it with love with power. the first door i knocked with my mish mom hna crossley was this biligerent old white guy who thretended to call the cops and i gulped and hna crossley said well could we help you with something and that only made him gnash his teeth more and then she comely said or do you know of anyone who would like to receive us and learn more of Christ? i was afraid but had a great example she said what a treasure but even he needs the gospel he just doesnt know it yet. now compare that with that guy who pretended to be the devil ha ha jaime is his name he said i cant hear you im the devil i said well if you are then i´ll have to beat you with this pamphlet he laughed and i was glad that he was indeed bluffing, he then said okay i´ll give you 15 min i said well hermano jaime you arent doing me a favor im doing you the favor so that you might find the path back to Christ, i think he was a bit stunned but listened and told me i could come back on saturday. my little helper karen who is only 16 and was the first in her family to be baptized was kinda afraid but super excited by the experience. karen and other young women have been taging along because i have been alone in my area but im going to have third daughter like everyone thought. hna palma my 1st and then hna martinez and i sadly dont know the name of this third little greenie. and although training is stressful at time im just glad im not going to be in a threesome YES!!!!!!! and the bishop in cala cala has been nice to me lately so thats great too. and time just flies and i get affraid for when they pull the plaque on me :( because i like this work and chris better think of ways (just as much as i am) to be able to go to many more missions. its hard but its rewarding all men need to come and all women please come there is so much work to get done in such a short time and we dont comprehend who we saw and promised we´d help here on earth to find the truth and the phone calls instead of making me home sick they made me i never want to leave this place sick ha ha i kept calling my mom hermana and my dad hermano and it was halarious because i speak like a bolivian and i wish you could all come and i think i might extend my mish one more month and then go home and then visit again bolivia, i love the stuborn little hat people too much ha ha leas amo mucho quidense Feliz dia de las madres.  also janice im very very proud of your missionary effort with that lady you met on you trip and invite the neighbor kids to a family home evening at your place:)

Activity to Find People

Same Activity

Eating at the Mission Home

Isabella's Creative Photography...if you look Close in the cement it says "Missionary Walk 2001"
Christopher's Letter\
have three minutes. I´m sorry that I´m not writing much this week.  I love you all. Please know that I love you all. So much. I really understand what Isabel said about not wanting to leave. It makes me want to be super far from you all as possible. Haha. I really like the mission. We need to be a mission based family after. Please invite at least one person to church that you all know in the week. Please. They need it and it will bless their life.  From the law of chastity to that the prophets right now are saying that you need to be debt free. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so real. Also, give, give, give all you can to others. I love you. I know that God lives, and that this is his work.
Sincerely, Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment