Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Legacy (Love One to Another) From Christopher

Hello!
I´m well. Don´t worry. And yes, I got my package. I really, really like my soaps and deodurdant. Thank you so much! I really feel happy here. DId I read right that you were asking us what else we wanted in packages in the future? Maybe you did. Haha. So, as far as things that I would like: more coconut oil. I loooooove the
coconut oil. I have cacao that was powdered and I´ve been eating chocolate like I used to make every day. It´s really, really wonderful.  Maybe as a birthday present, you could send a pound of cacao butter! Rico.

So, a week ago, we had 2 baptisms planned, but someone told us at the last second that they wanted to get baptized. They had a dream and knew that they needed to get baptized. The sad thing is that their family didn´t come to her baptism.

We also went to a museum of the relics of the indians in comayagua and I think there were like 3 displays of cacao. The food of the Lenkas: cacao, corn and wheat. I learned that they didn´t eat beans here until the Spanish came. Hm!

This week we didn´t have lots of lessons because we focused on the needs of others. Two days ago, for 1 hour, at 8:00 pm, we were filling up buckets of water in the rain because there is a "cuarteria" which is like small, small apartments put together, like a motel. 4 families live there. And we contacted one of them and helped them move a tv like 3 miles to this cuarteria. They were really upset honestly and the wife wanted NOTHING to do with us. The husband told us that he didn´t have anything, no work, no food, no water to drink.

So... My companion and I got water from a well that we drink from, food and everything we had. The wife was still upset. So it began to rain, and she left the room in the middle of the visit and began to fill up buckets of water. For 4 months they have not had running water and all that they have had is from the rain. So, there was this wife being really upset and throwing a fit. I told Elder Coreas that we weren´t going to leave until all of their reserves of water were full. And we filled water up from where the rain collected into a pipe until 9 at night. We were SO WET! Haha. It was the best ever.
I learned this week that we need to find those that are struggling and strugglewith them. The pioneers suffered for us and we have to learn how to suffer with others. That is our legacy.

I love you all so much.

Also, I would like money if you can, when you can. And if you´re going to send things, I would love to have a 1 pound of 2 pounds of maca. I really like eating and I almost have none. It´s not a need, but a wishlist: half a pound of pau d´arco, sarsparilla, kelp, cayenne and yeah. You can buy it all at mountainroseherbs.com and they might have a deal on shipping to Honduras also. Who knows. If you can awesome.

Thank you so much. I love you all.

francisco xiomara and angela that dont know how to smile

from the lenkas to you

rugs of minerals grains and salts that they make in comayagua

the mask of a shaman and to think that i wanted to be a shaman

 Can't you just hear Christopher laughing in that last picture above!!!  This Mom loves those dimples!!!  We haven't heard from the beautiful girl yet today.  If we get a late email I will post as soon as we get it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment